Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-13-2010, 09:16 AM

Good morning everyone, Glad to hear you are all doing well. I'm trying very hard to stay with the program. Been busy sewing Christmas gifts and enjoying. I did myself a favor, though, since I'm 70 it takes me 2 days to clean my house with my aches and pains. So, I hired a girl to come in every 2 weeks. I'm so excited. Now I don't have to worry about cleaning the house and can sew and do what I want to do. That was my gift to myself last week.

It's getting cold here, too. It's down to the 40's now but during the afternoon it does warm up to about 60's. I don't look forward to the colder weather---can't take the cold any more. But I love wearing all my sweaters! Have a good week.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Good morning everyone, Glad to hear you are all doing well. I'm trying very hard to stay with the program. Been busy sewing Christmas gifts and enjoying. I did myself a favor, though, since I'm 70 it takes me 2 days to clean my house with my aches and pains. So, I hired a girl to come in every 2 weeks. I'm so excited. Now I don't have to worry about cleaning the house and can sew and do what I want to do. That was my gift to myself last week.

It's getting cold here, too. It's down to the 40's now but during the afternoon it does warm up to about 60's. I don't look forward to the colder weather---can't take the cold any more. But I love wearing all my sweaters! Have a good week.
Donna,

That was a GREAT gift to yourself!!

I like the snow and cold more than the heat. I hate the heat.

Missy
Old 11-13-2010, 10:05 AM

Just got back from 2nd trip this month. I need to come out of retirement and get a job so I can find time for resting! I am watching my sugars and carbs again and hope to do better then last month. so far, so good! It is hard to eat healthy when you travel. But I am home now till dec 14 so I can catch up on everything!

I spent all morning reading the threads I have missed so much!

Glad evryone is doing so well!
Old 11-13-2010, 02:55 PM

Donna that is a great gift to yourself. I'd love to have someone come in and clean I'm green with envy.
DH and I just spent 2.5hrs. GeoCaching he has always wanted me to come but I just wasn't in good enough shape to walk all those hills. But with all the weight loss and exercise I've been doing I was able to go and we had a great time. Now I'm tired all that hiking tires a girl out.lol
Old 11-13-2010, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey

Lucky you!!!! I wish I had a cleaning lady...
Old 11-13-2010, 07:34 PM

I managed to exercise everyday but one, I don't know the weight loss, I don't like to weight around that time of the month as it is so unfair what happens at that time and I don't want to get discouraged.

My daughter doctor said the MRI was fine and there is nothing neurologically wrong with her which means changing her behaviors is all we can do. I don't buy that for a second, our second opinion is next month.

Since this incontinence started at the same time at she started taking medication for her ADHD I decided to stop that medicine. Her attitude was terrible today and she was so mean to her siblings. This isn't going to be fun. All the docors tell me it isn't the medicine causing this but I don't know how they could possible know that.

My daughter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125968[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-125963.jpe  
Old 11-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I finally got to weigh and I'm disappointed I put on 2lbs. but I was wearing long pants and socks, wonder how much of a difference my clothing makes. I can't exactly weigh naked because I go to my Mom's to weigh, I don't have a scale.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I finally got to weigh and I'm disappointed I put on 2lbs. but I was wearing long pants and socks, wonder how much of a difference my clothing makes. I can't exactly weigh naked because I go to my Mom's to weigh, I don't have a scale.
Long pants and socks can't definately make a pound if not more. I weigh in our living room on the Wii so I am never naked :shock: for weigh-ins.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Up until this week I was still wearing capri's and light weight t-shirt.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:21 PM

I had to go get more ingred for the hungry girl soup..LOL My kids were eating it as well and really liked it...hehe

weigh myself this morning and went down 2 pounds hope it stays off...lol