Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-14-2011, 09:30 AM
mim

No weight loss this week for either DH or I. but he has lost 9 pounds this month and I have 7 so a plateau week isn't a disaster. Just a nudge to do better next week.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
O.K. this is where I need help. I weighed in yeasterday and had gained 1 lb. Today I weighed again , I know I shouldn't have but I did. I gained 2 more pounds. This can't keep up. I'm sure it's from the cravings I get from my diabetis/hypoglycemia. I have no clue what going on with that - test results aren't back yet. But I've been doing alot of reading and nothing sounds good. Unfortunatly I seem to be doing alot of eating to.

nancia, sorry to hear about your back. I'll be praying that it will get better before you go. Just think six more days! God Bless and have a wonderful day everyone.
A lot of eating will put weight on.Go to you-tube and watch the Ellen McCauley videos on how to lose weight.And do them all.She covers all of us on here,the diebetics,the lose and gain 2 pounders,irishrose,the fairs,rita,the nibble on 1/2 cookie,you,the I lost but sabitaughed myself,Karen,and every body else on here.She covers us all,so is good to watch them.I have learned a lot from them.Plus she has a sense of humor.I think she can explain depression and bypolor stuff better that I ever heard it.Good luck,and I'm starting to move again finley,Yes!
Old 08-14-2011, 02:20 PM

just got off skype with olivia kate. she says hi. :) she is absolutely adorable and i can not wait to get there!!! i will try to send pictures!
xylie--so glad you're losing again! i'm hanging in the doorway of one-derland. wish i could just drop 10 lbs and feel like there's a little cushion. it will come i know, just impatient!
we are getting a deep soaking rain! jsnomore-we should meet at a mall and walk. can't be raining or hot in there! i don't expect i'll get any exercise in dallas, other than having my arms full and lifting a chunk of sugar for kisses! i continue to be impressed with how calm and mellow her parents are. just naturals!
today i am going to finish a couple more blocks for the boomerang swap, and maybe even sandwich olivia's quilt. don't know if i'll quilt it before i go or not. tomorrow i hope to deliver the 3 little boy quilts. and i've finished the doll quilt and mug rug for that swap, just need an address to send it.
mim-- good for you!! sounds like you've been going great guns and now your body is playing catch up! way to go!
hope you all have a wonderful day! eat wisely and enjoy the beauty that is today!
i am losing weight. i am in control. it is up to me!
Old 08-14-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess
Hi everyone. Just checking in to see how you all are doing. Friday is my weigh in day for MFP and I lost 2 more pounds. That's a total of 9 for the month so far. I know it will slow down any day now but it sure feels good to see it come off this fast! We spent most of the afternoon walking around Walmart so I got plenty of exercise today, too.

Just saw the new photo of Olivia. She is so beautiful! It is wonderful to hold them and play with them and then watch them go home....I love grandchildren. Unfortunately, my grandchildren just graduated from high school so it'll be a while until we see a new baby around here again.

For all of you having health problems, please take care of yourselves and get plenty of rest. I'll send positive thoughts your way to help speed your healing. :- )

Xylie, hang in there, that plateau will crumble soon.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend. I'll check in again soon.
Thanks,I am looking at other ideas.One gal said we may have to gain a little to get it going again,I hope not.It is starting to budge a bit.So maybe my dry spell is about done.I hope so.To all of us who are struggling,I know we have to be strong and keep going,even if it is slow.I think I should be down already and am getting impatient.And I need to take a deep breath,and let the plan work itself,I can't hurry it.I have to mix it up and try reducing my calories,I think I'm eating enough to maintain my weight,but am not losing any,so need to drop a little more to get it going again I think.But am happy I'm where I'm at too.I am losing weight,I am losing weight........
Old 08-14-2011, 04:27 PM

Wow, congrats everyone on your amazing weight loss! I've lost 61 lbs in a little over 6 months. I went down two clothing sizes and I bought my first pair of Levi's EVER today. Maybe I'll join in with your chats, I just won't do the challenge. I noticed that when I took the focus off the weight loss itself and focused more on my change in diet and habits, the weight came off on it's own. Good luck for those of you "competing" in the challenge. :D
Old 08-14-2011, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
I weighed in this morning and was so surprised that I lost 4 lbs. I've done real good so far this month. Hope everyone is is having a good weekend. Sending positive thoughts out to everyone.
How are you losing your weight?
Old 08-14-2011, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Wow, congrats everyone on your amazing weight loss! I've lost 61 lbs in a little over 6 months. I went down two clothing sizes and I bought my first pair of Levi's EVER today. Maybe I'll join in with your chats, I just won't do the challenge. I noticed that when I took the focus off the weight loss itself and focused more on my change in diet and habits, the weight came off on it's own. Good luck for those of you "competing" in the challenge. :D
Your right.I find when I'm not trying,I lose more because I listen to my body,but when I try,like now,I am not going anywhere.I think your post reminded me of that too.So,I am definately going to have to keep that in mind.And you should join in.You need not be part of the challenge to participate and join in.And congrats on the levi's I know what you mean.I am in them too for the 1st time in yrs.Does feel good too.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:36 PM

hey folks, I'm taking off the 10 pound gain, now just 4 pounds. Tomorrow is my hospital tests, pls remember me in your prayers, those that do.

Congrats on your weight loss and moving off your plateau.
Sometimes a gain is what it takes to move you again.

Hugs,
MJ
Old 08-14-2011, 07:22 PM
elm

Thinking positive thoughts for you. Your day is going to be great!!!
Originally Posted by purplemem
hey folks, I'm taking off the 10 pound gain, now just 4 pounds. Tomorrow is my hospital tests, pls remember me in your prayers, those that do.

Congrats on your weight loss and moving off your plateau.
Sometimes a gain is what it takes to move you again.

Hugs,
MJ
Old 08-14-2011, 07:38 PM

I am drinking whey protien shakes for breakfast and lunch. Then eating a small supper. I'm trying to keep calories around a 1000 a day. 1 scoop of powder has 140 calories and 26 grams of protien. I use 1/2 a scoop of the powder and 1 cup of 2% milk = about 200 calories. It's like drinking a cho. shake. I could live on this stuff. I put it thru the blender with crushed ice. In the evening if I want something sweet I will make another shake. It has really helped with the sweet cravings. I get it from walmart. They have alot of different flavors. Cookies and cream, peanutbutter (taste like a reese's pb cup, fruit punch, and vanilla. The vanilla is great if you add fruit - just like a smoothie. The brand I use is by Body Fortress. It runs about $16.00 and has about 27 scoops. So it last around 3 weeks. Plus I try to use my eliptical machine everyday - 3 ten minute sessions.

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Originally Posted by bjeriann
I weighed in this morning and was so surprised that I lost 4 lbs. I've done real good so far this month. Hope everyone is is having a good weekend. Sending positive thoughts out to everyone.
How are you losing your weight?