Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-13-2011, 10:08 AM

I had some problems with posting this a.m. but it looks like it cleared out.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:12 AM

I can't seem to post a new thread. It looks like it has gone through , but when I go to look for it, it is not there I can reply to posts okay
Old 11-13-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
The only thing I could think of that would go against the rules is, "any other types of negativity". This is just a guess on my part... The following is the rule I refer to.
Trashing, bashing, ranting, raving, venting, steaming, and other types of posts that focus on anger or other types of negativity are prohibited. They detract from the fun and do not reflect well on our community.

Doesn't this remind us of the definition of a Stepford Wife? In our case, a Quilting Stepford Wife. With a smile on our faces and a needle in our hand (or sitting at our machine) we so cheerfully sew our quilts and NEVER have a negative thought, never need to vent, never want to express anger at an injustice that would deprive our other fellow quilting friends of a minutes peace of mind and fun while they cheerfully preuse the new QB and quickly find everything they are looking for and all the old friends they have had for so long. I feel so fortunate to have such a fun place to come to, knowing that never can anyone vent and spoil my fun. What a wonderful rule and how nice it is so exactingly enforced. There is a great comfort in being a Stepford Wive and letting the QB decide which reply is appropriate and which topic is appropriate and maintaining the fun for all of us. I just feel so protected and cheerful.
Now let me put on my pearls and high heels and dress and play my role while I sew - and oh yes - we also never have any problems with the new QB, do we?

Amen, sister!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:18 AM

I'm never sure whether my quick replies will post or not. I've taken to copying them before I send them because they either disappear, just sit there and won't post or I get a pop up box asking me if I am sure that I want to leave the page. If I go back in and try again, they will usually post.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:42 AM

I'm having some trouble today. I'll try later.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

Katie to find a topic you have started click on your profile, under your pic will be a short list - click on recent started topics

Grambi have you clicked on the tool bar and clicked on Subscribe ? Some have found it easier to change the default settings - go to settings - scroll down -on the left is general settings - look for Messaging and Notification - change the Default Thread subscription
Old 11-13-2011, 11:57 AM

Thanks everyone for sharing the problems you have encountered on the new board. I'm really glad I am in such good company !

Kathie
Old 11-13-2011, 11:58 AM

Thanks everyone for sharing the problems you have encountered on the new board. I'm really glad I am in such good company !

Kathie
Old 11-13-2011, 12:01 PM

Sorry - now it is posting twice instead of not at all - some days are better than others, I guess.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:27 PM

I don't get notified by e-mail if someone answers my question - have to be sure to log in to find out