Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-20-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by gollytwo View Post
So far, there's nothing I don't like
I actually find the white bkgd easier to read.
Still fiddling around; haven't got the hang of it all yet
But, think eventually I'll like it better than the old Board, which had annoying features for me
Me too. The thing I hate to see; is when people say they will not be on here soon. It is the people who post that I enjoy the most. I will relearn how to use the Board because I love the posts, the contacts and the encouragement from other quilters and friends. I remember that it took me some time to get use to the old board to get the full benifit from it.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
I do not get as much from it as I did the old one. I do not enjoy being on it as much.
Me either! Everytime I come here I get this weird set up, if I can even get on the board!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:49 AM

I just don't care for the arrangement. The one good thing is that I don't spend as much time on it anymore, as I am just not interested. I have yet to find the place to save anything that I might like. I used to go through and look at all the beautiful quilts that everyone made--I don't do that anymore. Well, enough said, I will stick around another week before I quit the Board. I know some of you really like the new arrangement--I'm glad for you; but I am NOT one of you.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:42 AM

Does it have a continuing thread from day to day, seems I see the same stuff still on there? It seems it takes too long to go back to topic screen, yeah the white background burns my retinas too. I enjoy the quilt board-don't really want to complain too much!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:51 PM

Time. That's my greatest dislike of the new Board. The site now takes SO LONG to load! For this thread, from the moment I hit "reply" until I finally got the reply box on my screen was 5 minutes 48 seconds. Crazy. I don't have that much free time available to wait around for any given page to open up. My interest is waning rapidly. Not much fun to peruse a new board when it's slower than a snail's pace and you can only get in the reading of 4 messages in 15 minutes. I've given it several weeks now and I've checked in every day but I don't get nearly as much out of it as I used to because it simply takes too long. I didn't have this problem before.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie View Post
Time. That's my greatest dislike of the new Board. The site now takes SO LONG to load! For this thread, from the moment I hit "reply" until I finally got the reply box on my screen was 5 minutes 48 seconds. Crazy. I don't have that much free time available to wait around for any given page to open up. My interest is waning rapidly. Not much fun to peruse a new board when it's slower than a snail's pace and you can only get in the reading of 4 messages in 15 minutes. I've given it several weeks now and I've checked in every day but I don't get nearly as much out of it as I used to because it simply takes too long. I didn't have this problem before.
Start to finish it took 17 minutes 24 seconds to post this one response. Justifiable peeve? I think so. Incentive to stay and play here? Hard to come by.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:33 PM

When was the last time you dumped your cache, did a virus scan, defragmented your computer, ran a malicous software program? All of these things could be contributing to the slowness, especially if you have a DSL connection.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:57 PM

Go to the Home page right above Respond to This Thread there's a small heading marked Forum, select that and scan down all of the section titles are there select the heading Items for Sale or Trade. In Search of is the tab directly above it
Originally Posted by Marvlin View Post
It is much more difficult to navigate the board now. I can't find anything and get tired looking. How do you find what someone might be selling on this board without a sell or buy section? I have bought several sewing machines from board members but can't find where to go. I hate not being able to see what is going on without taking a lot of time for nothing.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:07 PM

I'm sorry I wasn't going to originally respond to the posts but for those that are saying they don't spend too much time on here anymore because it's too hard to figure things out - you will never get used to the new setup if you don't use it on a regular basis. All of us have had to go through the learning curve together, many people have setup Tips and Help for the most commonly asked questions.
With Thanksgiving being this week I have to say that I'm thankful for this board because I've met some amazing people here, some people left that's they're choice. But I think we've done enough bashing of the site & the mods & admin staff,why can we not just let it go, move on and get back to the way things used to be. Everyone has had time to vent, be mad, express their frustrations now let go of it and let's get back to talking about quilting.
I read a few pages back that someone said your not allowed to ask for prayers on here anymore, that is incorrect - I posted a prayer request for my nephew a couple of weeks back and they're were several replies to my post so yes it's still here its under Personal Diaries towards the bottom of the page, and no I don't have a blog it's just a general posting.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045 View Post
When was the last time you dumped your cache, did a virus scan, defragmented your computer, ran a malicous software program? All of these things could be contributing to the slowness, especially if you have a DSL connection.
Did all of that two weeks ago. I've tried more than one computer. Same problem. No issues with any other internet sites and this issue is only since the QB update. Thanks for the suggestions though. I'll still stick around here but probably not as often as I just don't have that much free time.