Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 06-30-2022, 02:57 AM

Y'all make me laugh about the UFO's on hand. I thought I was the only one who allowed tops to build up and then overwhelm me.

Macybaby, after seeing the amount of work that goes in to loading a quilt to a long arm, I think I will just keep learning how to do more quilting on my domestic machine. I have a friend who does long arm quilting for others but I limit myself to only large or "special" quilts.

JENNR8R, I stand in awe at your level of self discipline. That skill seems to be missing from my character traits list!. I am working on it so I don't leave my family with a mess of unfinished work.

Sebizgirl, thanks for the hug. Two down and it's not even July! I keep finding more UFO's when I clean up areas of my sewing room. Perhaps I should just stop cleaning up my room!

Gannyrosie, I am sure I have more than seven as noted above. I have yet to discover them all!!. I do follow the UFO thread here on the Quilting Board but so many of my UFOs are 2.5 quilts that I am blabbing on here too. Your welcome to join me in climbing the UFO mountain. It is more fun with friends.

Now off to gather all the "parts" for my sandwiching plan for Saturday with my quilting group.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:55 AM

Default Alentejana Quilt inspiration

Just in case you have need for a more complicated candy pattern....
Source: https://shipsandviolins.com/products...pr_seq=uniform

And btw, I have you all beat with UFOs. I have so many that I can't even begin to try to count them. You all are amazingly great in my book.
Attached Thumbnails alentejana-candy-adapted-potential.jpg  
Old 07-01-2022, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

Wow... what a pretty one, Ibex! You would just about have to have a design wall to make it, I'm thinking.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Just in case you have need for a more complicated candy pattern....
Source: https://shipsandviolins.com/products...pr_seq=uniform
A very unique quilt. I also listened to the interview with the designer of the Alentejana quilt, Christina De Miranda. Karen Brown, Just Get it Done Quilts, interviewed her and Christina introduces listeners to how she designs her modern quilts. All interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7lIDS_hETI&t=581s

Thanks for the stimulating option to use some of our 2.5s.
Old 07-04-2022, 05:30 AM

If you are one who follows other threads on the Quilting Board, you will have seen my first UFO photo. One of the seven is done. An easy pink and white checkerboard that was posted earlier here as an unfinished top.. It is now in the bin for Project Linus.

Finished at 40 X 40 and used 400 little 2.5 squares. Why did it sit as a UFO? It took one day to finish. Procrastination is such a pesky behavior! Now on to the next in the pile of UFO's.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 07-04-2022 at 05:35 AM.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:07 AM

Yay for another UFO done, WMUTeach! You are on a roll and we are cheering you on!

I'm spending our 4th of July canning up another 21 quarts of cucumbers. That will bring up to 13 gallons of canned goods so far this year! And I still have all my tomatoes to do when they are ready! DH has ribs on the grill for dinner and we will be taking the girls down to the town's fireworks display this evening.

Have a happy and safe Independence Day!
Old 07-05-2022, 12:09 PM

Default Doll Quilt

I managed to use 180 candy squares in this 20" x 25" doll quilt. Can you tell how I constructed the border? It was one of those "I wonder what this would look like" scenarios.
Attached Thumbnails dollies-dresdens-large.jpg  
Old 07-05-2022, 01:49 PM

Jennr8r - so cute! I think I saw one of my fabrics in there!
Old 07-05-2022, 04:11 PM

JENNR8R, Oh my, geese and HSTs and all of those little 2.5's for the border! What a beauty! That would make a good door quilt or mat for a small side table too. Clever, clever quilter.

#2 for July in the finished pile! Ready to start working on #3. Got to keep going before I loose steam.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
I managed to use 180 candy squares in this 20" x 25" doll quilt. Can you tell how I constructed the border? It was one of those "I wonder what this would look like" scenarios.
So cute, Jenn! Love the tiny dresdens, the pebble quilting and the scrappy geese border. The border looks like ribbon. What a great doll quilt.

I finished a donation quilt today (not candies). Feels good to have another one in the "done" pile.