Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures. >

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Floralfab
I finally finished the farmhouse block. Had some trouble with the roof but did the best I could.
Your farm house is wonderful, esp. love the fabric for the door and the walk! Your house would fit right in my neighborhood! I live in the country with cows.
Tulip
Old 02-17-2011, 05:26 PM

I am thinking my farmhouse maybe be backwards. I am using freezer paper method and I sewed thru the pattern, but the freezer paper was shiney side up ... so I am thinking it may be backwards, but I don't mind.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:27 PM

All of the farmhouses are just coming out so neat!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Well I have printed out the farmhouse and I am planning on using the freezer paper method on this. I had a demo at a meet on how to do this! So we will see! I did the first step in getting the pattern ready (stitching over the lines w/o thread). Now I will decide on colors of fabrics and hopefully get her on her way tomorrow!
I'm about ready to give this one a try also. I'm hoping to do the freezer paper method too. We'll soon see how that goes.
What is the freezer paper method?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
Well I have printed out the farmhouse and I am planning on using the freezer paper method on this. I had a demo at a meet on how to do this! So we will see! I did the first step in getting the pattern ready (stitching over the lines w/o thread). Now I will decide on colors of fabrics and hopefully get her on her way tomorrow!
I'm about ready to give this one a try also. I'm hoping to do the freezer paper method too. We'll soon see how that goes.
That is where you print your pattern on the back of freezer paper. Then you press your first piece of fabric to the freezer paper and, instead of stitching on the lines, you fold the pattern piece on the stitching line and stitch right next to it. When you open the pieces you've sewn together, you press it to the freezer paper. It works great for me. I hate removing paper in paperpieced projects and this way the freezer paper stabilizes the pieces until you're ready to sew the parts together.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tulip
Originally Posted by Floralfab
I finally finished the farmhouse block. Had some trouble with the roof but did the best I could.
Your farm house is wonderful, esp. love the fabric for the door and the walk! Your house would fit right in my neighborhood! I live in the country with cows.
Tulip
I did find some farm fabric with a small cow in it and am thinking of adding it! I think it needs an animal.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:56 PM

Finally!! Here is my farm house. My printer absolutely HATED this block! I was finally able to force a print that worked correctly (18 pages printed). Not all of the pages were wasted - I had one set that looked really good - problem they were just too big. I figured this out after I had made the block. Hello wall hanging. I will post it in pictures after I have it finished.

I did not embellish this block yet. I need to think about it.

The Final Farm House
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139999[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-139994.jpe  
Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
That is where you print your pattern on the back of freezer paper. Then you press your first piece of fabric to the freezer paper and, instead of stitching on the lines, you fold the pattern piece on the stitching line and stitch right next to it. When you open the pieces you've sewn together, you press it to the freezer paper. It works great for me. I hate removing paper in paperpieced projects and this way the freezer paper stabilizes the pieces until you're ready to sew the parts together.
Ohhh Judy,

I was taught a different way at the last guild meet. I think that is why I was so confused! We were taught to print out the pattern on paper... then staple freezer paper the underside and then sew over the lines that will be sewn.. no thread in bobbin or top.... then start the procedure as you said... folding back the freezer paper on the sewing line ..etc.

Is it hard to cut freezer paper to fit in the computer for printing... or did you get special sheets?
Old 02-18-2011, 05:12 PM

sewitup, very pretty farmhouse.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by sew_it_up
Finally!! Here is my farm house. My printer absolutely HATED this block! I was finally able to force a print that worked correctly (18 pages printed). Not all of the pages were wasted - I had one set that looked really good - problem they were just too big. I figured this out after I had made the block. Hello wall hanging. I will post it in pictures after I have it finished.

I did not embellish this block yet. I need to think about it.
I really like your farm house!! :D Your touch of different fabrics go really well together. I think it looks just fine, even with out adding embellishments!! Nice job.
:D :D :D :D