Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 05-20-2024, 04:28 PM

A few more of these high wind events and you'll be a pro at dealing with them, WMUTeach. The first few times are always the hardest.

We're in for another hot summer, folks. Drink plenty of water. Now is a good time to make sure that any plumbing issues are fixed so water will continue to flow despite the heat. :-)

I'm in the midst of getting ready for a new roof for my hurricane prone home. Let's see if my house survives this hurricane season. Extra straps to hold down my roof!!

Many of you are going to have to deal with a harsh fire season. I'm sorry. Those are treacherous. Gotta love getting used to new weather patterns.
Old 05-20-2024, 04:50 PM

It seems to me that your trepidation is completely normal after what you’ve been through. I hope the storm isn’t a bad one. Hang in there.
Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
No I haven't forgotten that today is the 20th. But we are experiences another thunderstorm with high winds. Needless to say, I am a bit jumpy after the last storm with "high winds". I will get the list to you later tonight.

Sorry, I am not normally such a scaredy cat.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:31 PM

Two weeks ago was not my first tornado, but it was the closest. Every time I hear wind now, I get a wee bit jumpy. And I am the one who loved to watch the storms blow in and lightening cutting across the sky!! I am quite surprised at my reaction this time around. All is quiet now, just as the sun set, the thunder, wind, and rain moved on.

ibex, thank you for sharing your wisdom likely born of experience. Hurricanes are foreign to me, but ask me about icy roads and snow piling up in 6 foot drifts. "The north wind doth blow and we shall have snow" and all of that. Easy access to water is so easy to forget about until we don't have it and our bodies and minds suffer. Strap down that roof so you can enjoy the rest of the joys of your part of our country.

Thanks for the reassuring words Janice McC, They were a comfort.

The birthday list has gone out. Birthday gals if there are errors in addresses let me know. Fingers crossed that the list is good to go.

Old 05-21-2024, 05:44 AM

Candy packages for our June Birthday gals are in the mailbox. Woo hoo!
Old 05-21-2024, 01:47 PM
Power Poster

My two cards are all ready to be picked up by the postman tomorrow. Hope all the packages arrive in time!
Old 05-21-2024, 03:11 PM

Two bday candy cards mailed at post office today. Fingers are crossed that neither go astray...
Old 05-22-2024, 06:27 AM

Mailed the June birthday cards yesterday ( Tuesday). I hope they both make it, bc despite being the exact same packaging, they were mailed at different types/rates.

Hope that everyone in Central US are doing okay with all the storms.

Been rough here getting college kids situated for the summer. So hard on all of us to help them find decent jobs/internships that will help with their futures. ---Best H.
Old 05-22-2024, 06:54 AM

My envelopes went out yesterday.

Enjoying a nice cup of very hot coffee sitting outside in my rocker

WMUT we went through a horrible storm years back.. First rain and hail then about 3 hours later starlight line winds hit. We were at our camper. After the storm when insurance adjuster came out our trailer, pontoon, hubby’s truck and sailboat were totaled . My 1 year old car was in the repair shop for 6 weeks. Funny thing was jet ski was sitting next to the other water toys and it was perfectly fine. Both hubby and I were pretty paranoid about storms for a long time, now we are vigilant but not scared. It will take a while, give your self time.
Old 05-22-2024, 05:59 PM

Thanks for the assuring words, Terriamn. I am so glad that although you lost "stuff" that you and your hubby came through alright. Good words about being vigilant. I suspect most of the folks in my town will not be ignoring weather warnings for a long time.
Beautiful early summer day today. Blue sky,birds singing, fluffy clouds moseying by and warm sun. I kept hearing Seals and Croft singing "Summer Breeze" in my head as the curtains wave in and out letting the soft yellow sun.
Summer Breeze

Last edited by WMUTeach; 05-22-2024 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-22-2024, 07:32 PM

Candies went in the mail today. ... These storms sound terrifying! I rode my bicycle in 25 mph wind last weekend, was not fun and I almost fell off my bike a few times, but nothing like what you all are describing! Plus, I chose to do it, was fully warned.
​​We get lots of rain and wind but nothing that you would call disaster proportion. And, smoke from forest fires, but no ACTUAL forest fires. I hope everyone stays safe through these weather events.