Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-04-2011, 06:40 PM

Oh My!
Today I entered my meals into www.myfitnesspal.com and it was so inspiring. I told it my exercise for the day, etc. and it said I would weigh 255 in 5 weeks! That would be totally awesome!

Talk about incentive to stay on track. This is a fabulous tool. So glad that someone posted about it. I would have never found it by myself.

Thanks again!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:42 PM

I made fried potatoes and keilbasa for dinner, not the healthiest but definitely a family favorite. This time though I only had one serving instead of two.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Oh My!
Today I entered my meals into www.myfitnesspal.com and it was so inspiring. I told it my exercise for the day, etc. and it said I would weigh 255 in 5 weeks! That would be totally awesome!

Talk about incentive to stay on track. This is a fabulous tool. So glad that someone posted about it. I would have never found it by myself.

Thanks again!
YAY for you!! That is exciting!

Missy
Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 PM

It is such a good feeling when you find a tool or a tip that works for you!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:18 PM

Im using the fitness pal also and love it!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:28 PM
BMP

WOWSERS..I have not been here on the boards all day, I need about 2 more hours in the day to be able to get everything done. I went to Walmart to pick up a few things that I get there and I must say the shelfs were bare, you would think we were going to be getting a blizzard or something. I wonder if their trucks got backed up from all the bad weather every where else...so needless to say I still to go back a get a few things.
I did make going to the gym a priority again today, I am hoping to get an earlier start. I think we are going to get some snow showers/squalls over the next few days thank goodness its just 2 miles from home.

I am making a big pot of veggie soup tomoorw to have for my lunches for the rest of the week. You can have alarge amount for hardly any calories. Sometimes I even have a bowl in the evening for a snack..
I guess its time to head up to watch a few minutes of TV before going to bed...See You All LIGHTER !!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:52 PM

Okay...I have to admit my struggles...

I have not cheated or gone off my diet in any way BUT that will probably change tomorrow.

Tomorrow I am making a large batch of Hot Chocolate On A Stick. What is this thing you say? It is basically a 1" cube of ganache that has firmed up and a homemade marshmallow on top and then skewered together. It is the CREAMIEST hot chocolate I have ever ever had!! The homemade marshmallows are to die for!

I am going to make about 25 sticks because we are having a belated New Years party and poker tournament. I will eat mega veggies and get some good protein in before I serve the sticks.

If anyone is interested in recipes, let me know!

If you want to cane me for bringing such foolishness and mayhem here then you will find me out back in the barn.

So there.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153572.jpe  
Old 01-04-2011, 08:09 PM

I just signed into fitness pal because of the discussion here. I am excited to have a place to record my food and exercise. It all adds it up and tells me how long it will take me to get to my next goal. Love it.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:11 PM

I don't Missy. I think showing that picture is just a torture trick for the rest of us. Hope you can stay away from them tomorrow.

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Okay...I have to admit my struggles...

I have not cheated or gone off my diet in any way BUT that will probably change tomorrow.

Tomorrow I am making a large batch of Hot Chocolate On A Stick. What is this thing you say? It is basically a 1" cube of ganache that has firmed up and a homemade marshmallow on top and then skewered together. It is the CREAMIEST hot chocolate I have ever ever had!! The homemade marshmallows are to die for!

I am going to make about 25 sticks because we are having a belated New Years party and poker tournament. I will eat mega veggies and get some good protein in before I serve the sticks.

If anyone is interested in recipes, let me know!

If you want to cane me for bringing such foolishness and mayhem here then you will find me out back in the barn.

So there.

Missy
Old 01-04-2011, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by probles
I just signed into fitness pal because of the discussion here. I am excited to have a place to record my food and exercise. It all adds it up and tells me how long it will take me to get to my next goal. Love it.
I really like the site too Peggy. It is a real neat tool. I have been thinking lately of how hard it was for our mothers and our grandmothers if they wanted to lose weight. Where did they get support or good recipes for things that wouldn't instantly be a heart attack on a plate?

We are so lucky to have this place that Tru has made for us for support between all of us here.

Thank you Tru!! MUAH!!

What Tru? You smelled chocolate on my breath? Well...I cannot tell a lie. I have been snorting unsweetened cocoa all day. Now I look like I placed a truffle on my nose. So sick I know. Time for a couple of those pretty pills in my purse-o-pills!! Okay okay.

I took those pills and now it is time for night-night.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153525.jpe