Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group >
  • Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

• Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Old 05-26-2011, 04:27 AM

Sending grown up (bright) block to LovingIzabella.
    Old 05-26-2011, 04:33 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Peg,
    take care of what's important.this board, this swap, will all be here when you are ready. It's not like we don't have other projects to catch up on.my dad has been gone for nearly 30 years and I would give anything to have spent more time with him. so, read the paper to him, sing to him, and tell him about his favorite sport; but don't worry bout the little things. take care o you
    cherri
    Old 05-26-2011, 10:50 AM

Received f8 from Shaysmema...it went to Texas before it came to Tennessee. :)

Address was wrong but zip code was right..it is safe and sound now! Lol
    Old 05-26-2011, 02:39 PM

All of you are great, thanks so much for your prayers.

Aunt Sue, I am amazed at what Hospice has done so far. They are so wonderful, helping with dad's personal needs, changing linens (& his diaper!)They come 7 days a week, 2 hours each morning and will as long as he needs the care.

Today the nurse said why don't you & your hubby go out for a nice breakfast, we're here, you need some time for yourselves. I spent some time with her, I thought we were going to talk about Dad and how he's doing, NO, she wanted to know how I was doing.

I now see why people rave about hospice, I had no idea how supportive they are.

Today I received a phone call from their religious coordinator. He said he wanted to come over and meet my Dad and see if there was anything he could do for him. I told him that I was afraid that if a priest walked into his room, he would think it was for the last rites and become afraid, & I didn't know what to do. He explained that they don't come with a big cross on their forehead, he can be introduced as another member of the team, and he would feel him out and proceed as appropriate. I laughed and immediately set an appointment. Great people, they really do understand the confusion and concerns, & more importantly, how to handle things.

Thanks again, dear friends, for listening, you are a great help to me!
    Old 05-26-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by gal288
    All of you are great, thanks so much for your prayers.

Aunt Sue, I am amazed at what Hospice has done so far. They are so wonderful, helping with dad's personal needs, changing linens (& his diaper!)They come 7 days a week, 2 hours each morning and will as long as he needs the care.

Today the nurse said why don't you & your hubby go out for a nice breakfast, we're here, you need some time for yourselves. I spent some time with her, I thought we were going to talk about Dad and how he's doing, NO, she wanted to know how I was doing.
    One of the hospice team even came to my fathers funeral, which was so beyond expectations. The workers are truly special people!
    I now see why people rave about hospice, I had no idea how supportive they are.

Today I received a phone call from their religious coordinator. He said he wanted to come over and meet my Dad and see if there was anything he could do for him. I told him that I was afraid that if a priest walked into his room, he would think it was for the last rites and become afraid, & I didn't know what to do. He explained that they don't come with a big cross on their forehead, he can be introduced as another member of the team, and he would feel him out and proceed as appropriate. I laughed and immediately set an appointment. Great people, they really do understand the confusion and concerns, & more importantly, how to handle things.

Thanks again, dear friends, for listening, you are a great help to me!
    Old 05-26-2011, 03:49 PM

Yes, hospice is a wonderful organization. They made things much more managable 5 years ago when I lost my mother to Pancreatic Cancer. They are great people. You be sure to take care of yourself!!
    Old 05-26-2011, 03:54 PM

I was fortunate to receive some more grown-up blocks in the mail today. They are from paintmejudy, difergie and goldenrod55. Aren't they wonderful? Thank you for the beauties.

paintmejudy
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]202777[/ATTACH]

goldenrod55
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]202778[/ATTACH]

difergie
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]202779[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-202771.jpe   attachment-202772.jpe   attachment-202773.jpe  
    Old 05-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Keesha_Ont received your F8.
    Moonrise, what a beautiful block, thank you so much, love the butterfly, and yes, I had a bit of a peek, 'cos I was so excited as this will be my first block, in my very first swap. Thank you, again xxx
    Old 05-26-2011, 06:10 PM

LADIES...I apologise for getting my F8s out. I have some financial problems, but I hope to get them out soon. I have been in shock over the tornados, what an awful happening for so many people and so close to home.
    Old 05-26-2011, 06:26 PM

karen, are you ok? friends and relatives, too? i used to live in dallas so tornadoes are no strangers to me. can't predict where or what they'll hit. the boomerang swap goes on till sept. how fast do you sew? i think you've probably got time to take care of more important things first. as it's been said, the board will be here. take care of yourself. if we can help, let us know.