Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-04-2011, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by probles
I don't Missy. I think showing that picture is just a torture trick for the rest of us. Hope you can stay away from them tomorrow.

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Okay...I have to admit my struggles...

I have not cheated or gone off my diet in any way BUT that will probably change tomorrow.

Tomorrow I am making a large batch of Hot Chocolate On A Stick. What is this thing you say? It is basically a 1" cube of ganache that has firmed up and a homemade marshmallow on top and then skewered together. It is the CREAMIEST hot chocolate I have ever ever had!! The homemade marshmallows are to die for!

I am going to make about 25 sticks because we are having a belated New Years party and poker tournament. I will eat mega veggies and get some good protein in before I serve the sticks.

If anyone is interested in recipes, let me know!

If you want to cane me for bringing such foolishness and mayhem here then you will find me out back in the barn.

So there.

Missy
I think I will be okay. I just have to make them and then package them up and then there will be no temptation. I am sorry that I might have brought torture to you guys. I did not mean it.

Missy
Old 01-04-2011, 08:26 PM

Missy, in order to not feel like we are being tortured, we will have to look at these delicious looking desserts as snowman poo poo on a stick.......hehehe Sandy
Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Missy, in order to not feel like we are being tortured, we will have to look at these delicious looking desserts as snowman poo poo on a stick.......hehehe Sandy
Oh hehehe!! That is funny Sandy!!

Missy
Old 01-04-2011, 08:37 PM

Oh geez Missy those look delicious
Old 01-04-2011, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Oh geez Missy those look delicious
They do look delicious!!

Missy
Old 01-04-2011, 09:26 PM

OMG! Now I can never eat a Twinkie :thumbdown:

When I was a young child. We got some candy in the mail. It was dark out. We were in the car and mom gave everyone one piece. We all started to eat it. I moment later Mom yelled ,"Spit it out, spit it out, there are worms in it!" That memory is still clear as day for me......but, I still eat candy. What I will never ever ever do again is eat candy in the dark!

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Originally Posted by fivepaws
Has anyone tried hypnosis? Does it work? I quit smoking years ago via hypnosis but at that time the Dr. said he couldn't creat an aversion to food. I am very willing to try again. Can anyone support this decision?
Lynne
Yes! My doctor told me I was opening a twinkie and as I bit down into it, instead of the cream filling, there was a huge cockroach. I could feel it crunching in my teeth and even got a leg stuck between my teeth while it was still moving.

That was 18 years ago. I still can't eat sponge cake with cream filling or anything from Little Debbie or twinkies. Another time he told me the pile of donuts on the plate were really dog poop. I couldn't tell because they were chocolate donuts...

It works for me. Now, I just need an aversion to chocolate anything. Graham cracker anything, sweet anything, or fried anything. All it took for me to swear off meat was watching a couple videos about the meat production industry. Yuck!!! I'll take peanuts, soy beans, fish (sometimes), eggs. I just can't do hamburger or pork or chicken...not after seeing their living conditions!

Anyway, hypnosis does work. If it worked for smoking, I'm sure it will work for eating the wrong foods.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
OMG! Now I can never eat a Twinkie :thumbdown:

When I was a young child. We got some candy in the mail. It was dark out. We were in the car and mom gave everyone one piece. We all started to eat it. I moment later Mom yelled ,"Spit it out, spit it out, there are worms in it!" That memory is still clear as day for me......but, I still eat candy. What I will never ever ever do again is eat candy in the dark!

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Originally Posted by fivepaws
Has anyone tried hypnosis? Does it work? I quit smoking years ago via hypnosis but at that time the Dr. said he couldn't creat an aversion to food. I am very willing to try again. Can anyone support this decision?
Lynne
Yes! My doctor told me I was opening a twinkie and as I bit down into it, instead of the cream filling, there was a huge cockroach. I could feel it crunching in my teeth and even got a leg stuck between my teeth while it was still moving.

That was 18 years ago. I still can't eat sponge cake with cream filling or anything from Little Debbie or twinkies. Another time he told me the pile of donuts on the plate were really dog poop. I couldn't tell because they were chocolate donuts...

It works for me. Now, I just need an aversion to chocolate anything. Graham cracker anything, sweet anything, or fried anything. All it took for me to swear off meat was watching a couple videos about the meat production industry. Yuck!!! I'll take peanuts, soy beans, fish (sometimes), eggs. I just can't do hamburger or pork or chicken...not after seeing their living conditions!

Anyway, hypnosis does work. If it worked for smoking, I'm sure it will work for eating the wrong foods.
HOLY MOLY!! I would never be able to do that either! Wow.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153767.jpe  
Old 01-05-2011, 01:01 AM

Missy I made some stuff like that for a baby shower not long ago. It was "s'mores" on a stick, though. I took some jumbo marshmallows (I even found some pink ones, so cute!), dipped them in chocolate, then in graham cracker crumbs. I skewered 3 or 4 on a stick and wrapped them in cellophane. They went over very well. :)

Also did a few in sprinkles for my kids, who had to watch me make alllll those treats for other people, lol.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by jkwynn
Missy I made some stuff like that for a baby shower not long ago. It was "s'mores" on a stick, though. I took some jumbo marshmallows (I even found some pink ones, so cute!), dipped them in chocolate, then in graham cracker crumbs. I skewered 3 or 4 on a stick and wrapped them in cellophane. They went over very well. :)

Also did a few in sprinkles for my kids, who had to watch me make alllll those treats for other people, lol.
Now THAT is a great idea!!! I am going to file that away in my brain until SUPERB ideas that MUST be done. LOL! I love being creative and being around creative people!

Missy
Old 01-05-2011, 02:12 AM
Banned

Wow, everyone sounds like they are doing great.

Carrie congrats on the weight goal plus the quilts are gorgeous and such a good cause

Missy & Tru you are both doing a great job of entertaining us and giving us helpful recipes and info - my day would not be complete without your daily additions in my life

I actually did 30 minutes on the elliptical today. First time since my trip to Disney World in November. It felt good to get back on it. I plan to try my Wii Fit Plus tomorrow that my DH got me for Christmas after I do the elliptical again. Also got back into the routine of eating more whole wheat and healthier snacks. It is so easy to start letting things slide back into bad habits.

Well, til tomorrow's check in hope everyone has a good day and healthy outlooks on all of our personal goals,

Sherryl
Candlequilter