Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-03-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
As for water I add a dash of cinnamon to water it makes it tastes better and cinnamon is a natural appetite suppressant. I fill a pitcher with water and cinnamon at night and put it in the fridge. The next day I KNOW I have to drink the entire pitcher. I also have lemon water and water with apple cider vinegar during the day so I am getting my 64 oz needed. With tea and coffee I have my fill of water needed.
Did you know that lemon is a natural diuretic? How much cinnamon do you add to how much water, sounds tasty?
Old 01-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Banned

Carrie are you going to leave us after you lose the last 10 lbs? I hope not :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 01-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Banned

[quote=Grandma Cindy

Did you know that lemon is a natural diuretic? How much cinnamon do you add to how much water, sounds tasty?[/quote]

Yes for the lemon and 1 tsp cinnamon 32 oz water
Old 01-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Carrie are you going to leave us after you lose the last 10 lbs? I hope not :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh no! I want to lose a total of 100lbs. I've lost 35 so far, got 65 more to go. I'm just setting small goals that are easy to reach.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate Carrie, Carrie, Carrie. Great job. It must be from all the belly laughs about Missy's turtles and Tru's bouys!
sorry it is from hearing about people falling off bicycles. :shock: :shock: and Laughing her butt off.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
ANY movement is a plus no matter what speed you do !!
I didnt do any speed stuff today but I can certainly feel it already which means I have moved muscles that havent been used in a few months.
I am going to keep a chart of my excerise,hoping to increase my duration each week. Today I got 30 min on the treadmill, 35 minutes on the bike and 15 on the eliptical. I'll continue these amounts this week and try to bump them up by 5 minutes each next week until I can do 45 minutes on each.

That's awesome Bonnie It feels so good to get moving.

Love your quilts Carrie.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Oh no! I want to lose a total of 100lbs. I've lost 35 so far, got 65 more to go. I'm just setting small goals that are easy to reach.
:D :D :D :D
Old 01-03-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate Carrie, Carrie, Carrie. Great job. It must be from all the belly laughs about Missy's turtles and Tru's bouys!
sorry it is from hearing about people falling off bicycles. :shock: :shock:
Only about 5 or 6 times, it was hitting the block wall that was the real belly laugh.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:08 PM

I have oatmeal NOT INSTANT almost everyday for breakfast. I get it ready the night before so I have to microwave it in the morning and not think or worry about what I should eat. Today I had cranberry orange oatmeal. I replace 1/2 the water with OJ and added a 1/2 tbsp dried cranberries.
If you try and make things easier to eat that are healthy it takes the thought and worry out of it. I wake up in the morning and plan my meals and snacks for the day. Sometimes menus for a few days if I am making muffins etc. I NEED snacks if I don't eat something every 2 hours I get a headache and feel sick to my stomach. I spread my food out through the day. I don't have salad with dinner I have it as a snack after dinner. I LOVE a green salad with manderine oranges, dried cranberries and creamy raspberry dressing. It tasts like dessert.

Creamy Raspberry Dressing
1 c plain yogurt
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp raspberry jam
salt and pepper to taste
wisk all together. YUMMMMMM!!

I'm going to try that oatmeal it sounds wonderful. I eat oatmeal every morning as well. It's so yummmy.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by BMP
ANY movement is a plus no matter what speed you do !!
I didnt do any speed stuff today but I can certainly feel it already which means I have moved muscles that havent been used in a few months.
I am going to keep a chart of my excerise,hoping to increase my duration each week. Today I got 30 min on the treadmill, 35 minutes on the bike and 15 on the eliptical. I'll continue these amounts this week and try to bump them up by 5 minutes each next week until I can do 45 minutes on each.
You said earlier you were doing water arobics that is so much fun and so much easier in the water. Keep it up Girl you'll get there baby steps.

YAY Bonnie!!! You are doing great and I think that addition of 5 more minutes sounds like it might work for you! I walked up and down the stairs today and did some walking to the grocery store. It is still very hard for me to do that much walking but I am sure trying.

I am going to lift weights today and begin that routine daily. I hope that helps me too.

I am proud of you Bonnie!

Missy