Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-03-2011, 04:39 PM

Carrie~!
What a fantastic accomplishment! That is so great, I can't wait until I can get there. (about 25 more pounds) It will be so cool to wear my wedding jeans and t-shirt. (My DH and I eloped and got married in a wedding chapel in our fav jeans and shirts.)
Old 01-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I have finally hit the weight I was at when DH and I got married 18 years ago. Now if I could only have that body shape back. :(. LOL. I hit the 230 mark today. I can't believe it!! I'm so excited!!!! Yay!!
Oh CARRIE!!! That is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! You said you wanted to hit that mark and to actually do it must feel so fulfilling for you! What did your DH say?? How exciting!!

Missy
Thank you! He doesn't know yet. He's at work. I'm gonna have to take my rings in and have them resized, they are driving me crazy twisting around my fingers. I can't believe I actually did it.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by purplemem
Carrie~!
What a fantastic accomplishment! That is so great, I can't wait until I can get there. (about 25 more pounds) It will be so cool to wear my wedding jeans and t-shirt. (My DH and I eloped and got married in a wedding chapel in our fav jeans and shirts.)
Thank you! I know you will get there too!! You have already done a fantastic job even if you were sick.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:55 PM
BMP

1 c plain yogurt
1/4 c mayo
2 tsps of the following
dill weed
chopped onion
celery seed
parsley
1/4 tsp salt

Tru how many calories does this recipe have ??
I'd ;ike to make it with cooked or canned chicken for some sammies !!!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:59 PM
BMP

Originally Posted by trupeach1
As for water I add a dash of cinnamon to water it makes it tastes better and cinnamon is a natural appetite suppressant. I fill a pitcher with water and cinnamon at night and put it in the fridge. The next day I KNOW I have to drink the entire pitcher. I also have lemon water and water with apple cider vinegar during the day so I am getting my 64 oz needed. With tea and coffee I have my fill of water needed.
Doesnt the cinnamon just sit on the top of the water ??
How much cinnamon a day do you need to have?

What does the apple cder vinegar w/water do ???

Really curious I have never heard about any of these tricks/tips ??
Old 01-03-2011, 05:01 PM
BMP

Everyone is doing great and I love the Dr. Oz tips!

I went to the gym today and joined and rode the electric bicycle for 15 minutes. There was no electricity so it was very difficult. I hurt.

On the other hand, I worked out today! One year ago I could not walk 10 feet without oxygen. And wasn't allowed to walk farther.

Keep on moving!

WONDERFUL......we all need to take those first steps and see how far we can go !
Old 01-03-2011, 05:01 PM

Everyone is doing great and I love the Dr. Oz tips!

I went to the gym today and joined and rode the electric bicycle for 15 minutes. There was no electricity so it was very difficult. I hurt.

On the other hand, I worked out today! One year ago I could not walk 10 feet without oxygen. And wasn't allowed to walk farther.

Keep on moving!
You keep on going,your doing fine.I have to talk myself into going.I hate to exercise by myself and my exercise partner last year went and had gastric by-pass surgery,lost 100 lbs. and doesn't feel she has to exercise now.Soooo I have to get motivated by myself and it does not seem to be happening.BTW I was born in your lovely state and still have a boat load of family there. P.S. If you want brownie points with our fearless leader post recipes for grits~!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
Originally Posted by trupeach1
As for water I add a dash of cinnamon to water it makes it tastes better and cinnamon is a natural appetite suppressant. I fill a pitcher with water and cinnamon at night and put it in the fridge. The next day I KNOW I have to drink the entire pitcher. I also have lemon water and water with apple cider vinegar during the day so I am getting my 64 oz needed. With tea and coffee I have my fill of water needed.
Doesnt the cinnamon just sit on the top of the water ??
How much cinnamon a day do you need to have?

What does the apple cder vinegar w/water do ???

Really curious I have never heard about any of these tricks/tips ??
Did ya know that Dr. no longer say 8-8oz. of water a day? They now say to drink when your thirsty but it is a good 0 cal. filler.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BMP
1 c plain yogurt
1/4 c mayo
2 tsps of the following
dill weed
chopped onion
celery seed
parsley
1/4 tsp salt

Tru how many calories does this recipe have ??
I'd ;ike to make it with cooked or canned chicken for some sammies !!!
230 I use light mayo
Old 01-03-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I have finally hit the weight I was at when DH and I got married 18 years ago. Now if I could only have that body shape back. :(. LOL. I hit the 230 mark today. I can't believe it!! I'm so excited!!!! Yay!!
Oh CARRIE!!! That is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! You said you wanted to hit that mark and to actually do it must feel so fulfilling for you! What did your DH say?? How exciting!!

Missy
Thank you! He doesn't know yet. He's at work. I'm gonna have to take my rings in and have them resized, they are driving me crazy twisting around my fingers. I can't believe I actually did it.
I am just thrilled to death for you!!

Missy