Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-18-2011, 04:08 PM

cottontop-- i think i still have your skinnyq. did you send me your address? (see how swiftly i turned that around to be your fault? sorry!) have i asked for your address yet? that's better).
mrsh--how about getting the kids snacks that you all can eat. like carrot sticks and celery and popcorn and fruit, etc. they learn from us. (this, i admit, from a woman who's children think mac d's is gourmet, and microwave is home cooking). but now that i'm older, wiser and not under the gun, i wish i had done many things differently! how old are your children?
Old 09-18-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by BARES
Originally Posted by MissyGirl

* Get support. My latest favorite support route is Twitter we have a Weight Loss Surgery Twibe - 800+ members who check in with each other daily to chat, bitch, moan, celebrate.
I have a question as I am somewhat confused. This is still the Quilting Board even tho it is an off shoot thread. I copied the portion above about "chat, bitch, moan" because if someone says something on here that is considered against the rules, is it subject to being deleted and we get a message sent from the moderator to stop posting or be banned from the board? So, is seems to me that we really can't bitch and moan about our weight loss on here publicly. Would that be correct? The other question is, am I correct in that we can still be seen by anyone and everyone that just happens to run across us while trying to find some particular topic; such as quilts or weight loss? Or is this entire thread private somehow? I just want to make sure I understand the rules here too. I am not trying to cause problems, but I want to know where the boundaries are and if they are somehow different here. It is better to not post at all or very little, rather than not have something that is helpful.
My thoughts are that if something is being said that is out of bounds then I would hope that the ones who run this ship would contact me so I can fix whatever is going on.

I do not know about the list being private. Sorry I am not up on that kind of thing.

I hope you are able to get your questions answered. Big hugs!

Missy
Old 09-18-2011, 04:34 PM

ok, this is how it has worked so far...... we can and do, say almost anything about ourselves and our journey. we do not attack each other. we do not use our 'telephone book' names, we use our qb names. and we don't post addresses, either e-mail or snail. some of us are more candid than others, to each their comfort level. since all sorts of things affect our ability to lose weight those things can be brought up in discussion. assume everything is open to the public. whether or not the public is interested is any one's guess. if you want to say something private to someone, pm them. they are called private messages because they are. that's how it has been working. if there is any change from that we haven't been told about it. good luck! say what you need to, or are comfortable with about yourself. cursing is kept to a bare minimum, like it's really not done. and all opinions are free. even mine, which are worth at least twice that much! LOL
Old 09-18-2011, 04:35 PM

* Get support. My latest favorite support route is Twitter we have a Weight Loss Surgery Twibe - 800+ members who check in with each other daily to chat, bitch, moan, celebrate.
I have a question as I am somewhat confused. This is still the Quilting Board even tho it is an off shoot thread. I copied the portion above about "chat, bitch, moan" because if someone says something on here that is considered against the rules, is it subject to being deleted and we get a message sent from the moderator to stop posting or be banned from the board? So, is seems to me that we really can't bitch and moan about our weight loss on here publicly. Would that be correct? The other question is, am I correct in that we can still be seen by anyone and everyone that just happens to run across us while trying to find some particular topic; such as quilts or weight loss? Or is this entire thread private somehow? I just want to make sure I understand the rules here too. I am not trying to cause problems, but I want to know where the boundaries are and if they are somehow different here. It is better to not post at all or very little, rather than not have something that is helpful.
My thoughts are that if something is being said that is out of bounds then I would hope that the ones who run this ship would contact me so I can fix whatever is going on.

I do not know about the list being private. Sorry I am not up on that kind of thing.

Missy
Thanks Missy. I am not talking about flaming or just being nasty, putdowns, or deliberatly saying mean and nasty things. But sometimes someone says something in print that sounds hurtful that doesn't come across the same way if you can hear their tone of voice. If that were to happen I would hope someone would make light of it, comically, or contact me thru PM and say that may not have been the best thing to say or ask what I meant. Still, one person can post something and get censured while others can post the same things, and no one has said anything at all.

We all have bad days and some people are always more out there. I figured someone would know and, hey, at least I asked. I just don't want to have to be so hyper-aware or if i have to be then I can deal with that. I don't comment much. I hate that stress. Thanks for your input.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:38 PM

Missy
Thanks Missy. I am not talking about flaming or just being nasty, putdowns, or deliberatly saying mean and nasty things. But sometimes someone says something in print that sounds hurtful that doesn't come across the same way if you can hear their tone of voice. If that were to happen I would hope someone would make light of it, comically, or contact me thru PM and say that may not have been the best thing to say or ask what I meant. Still, one person can post something and get censured while others can post the same things, and no one has said anything at all.

We all have bad days and some people are always more out there. I figured someone would know and, hey, at least I asked. I just don't want to have to be so hyper-aware or if i have to be then I can deal with that. I don't comment much. I hate that stress. Thanks for your input.
You definitely do not need to he hypervigilant. This is a wonderful group and I think you will find it the same way. BIG HUGS!!

Missy
Old 09-18-2011, 06:00 PM

I recently said something that was hurtful to a member when I was just being a smart a$$. She contacted me, I apologized, it was accepted and I hope that was the end of it. Things simply do not come across in print like they do in a face to face contact. I am a smartmouth, but try to control it here because of that fact.

Nothing on the Quilting Board is private. I hate when I Google something and one of my responses to something comes up. I've had it happen here and on Dogster. The first time it creeped me out so badly that I didn't turn the computer on for several days.

The only thing I worry about is if one of my family members were to read something I said about them. I don't like my people talking about me and I'd like to give them the same courtesy. That's why I don't use names and rarely pictures. My GD's wedding was an exception.

BARES, please continue to post. We all need each other if we are to be successful in living the rest of our lives. I, for one, am a little short on support groups these days. If I've said anything out of line, feel free to PM me.

Missy, I liked your post from the other site. She calls it like is, don'tcha think?
Old 09-18-2011, 06:53 PM
elm

Well, for the fun of it, I just googled myself. looks like almost everything I ever did is available on line.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:49 AM

i know i've stepped in it more than once! i never intend to be hurtful and i hope those who have been on here for awhile realise that. i would also hope if i did hurt someone, or sound mean that i would be called out on it, either publicly or privately. it's true, we say it in our heads and it sounds just fine, but someone can put a whole different emphasis and it sounds horrible! i do have a warped sense of humor, i admit. so if any one is ever bothered by what i say, make me explain! or tell me i'm a jerk! or whatever else needs to be done to get my attention. i assure you, no offense is meant or taken.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:49 AM

i know i've stepped in it more than once! i never intend to be hurtful and i hope those who have been on here for awhile realise that. i would also hope if i did hurt someone, or sound mean that i would be called out on it, either publicly or privately. it's true, we say it in our heads and it sounds just fine, but someone can put a whole different emphasis and it sounds horrible! i do have a warped sense of humor, i admit. so if any one is ever bothered by what i say, make me explain! or tell me i'm a jerk! or whatever else needs to be done to get my attention. i assure you, no offense is meant or taken.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:43 AM

elm - never thought of googleing myself, I just might try it. Who know what I've said or done.

This thread is supportive. I to don't have a support group although I would love one. I use this thread as my support group. I try not to say or do anything that I wouldn't want done or said to my. That being said sometimes I just have to vent. I hope if I offend anyone in the process that they PM me and let me know.

That said remember today is another day we all get to use to start over. I for one plan to do just that. I plan to follow my food menu and hope to get to water aerobics. Then if time permits I plan to work on my quilt (one of my quilts). How does one limit themselves to just one project? Am I weak or is this a quilters addiction where you have more than one project going at a time?

Have a wonderful day everyone.

I am in control (again) - One day at a Time.