Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Banned

MJ that was so sweet........I love you too!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Banned

I keep thinking Jim will be here with Elizabeth on Thurs-Sunday. I am already thinking of what I will cook/bake. Corned beef and cabbage with Irish soda bread for Thursday. Lasagna, meatless Friday. They love my chicken pot pie so that is for Sat. It is packed with heavy cream......FATTENING...........It is the feast of St Joseph on Saturday so I HAVE to make St Joseph pastry which is a cream puff pastry with canolli filling. Maybe I will make chocolate mousse filling instead. Peach and blueberry muffins if the kids want a snack. Muffins are more of a breakfast since desserts during Lent is a NO NO. Tomato basil bread with dill dip also to snack on. Jim problably won't eat much. He really fasts and always loses about 15-20lbs during Lent. Elizabeth has health issues and will have surgery the beginning of April she shouldn't be fasting. I just realized I better talk to her about that. Not eating and healing. I know all to well from Joyce she will not heal if she is not eating. When the food is here I have no self control............HELP!!!!!!!!! The Feast of St Joseph is not a day of fasting or penence so we could pig out.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I keep thinking Jim will be here with Elizabeth on Thurs-Sunday. I am already thinking of what I will cook/bake. Corned beef and cabbage with Irish soda bread for Thursday. Lasagna, meatless Friday. They love my chicken pot pie so that is for Sat. It is packed with heavy cream......FATTENING...........It is the feast of St Joseph on Saturday so I HAVE to make St Joseph pastry which is a cream puff pastry with canolli filling. Maybe I will make chocolate mousse filling instead. Peach and blueberry muffins if the kids want a snack. Muffins are more of a breakfast since desserts during Lent is a NO NO. Tomato basil bread with dill dip also to snack on. Jim problably won't eat much. He really fasts and always loses about 15-20lbs during Lent. Elizabeth has health issues and will have surgery the beginning of April she shouldn't be fasting. I just realized I better talk to her about that. Not eating and healing. I know all to well from Joyce she will not heal if she is not eating. When the food is here I have no self control............HELP!!!!!!!!! The Feast of St Joseph is not a day of fasting or penence so we could pig out.
Oh my this all sounds sew good!!! I will be right over. :)
Old 03-12-2011, 11:11 AM

OK I have to jump in; I've been lurking and reading all your posts. I love the bantering that goes on and you all are such an inspirations and motivator for each other.

But; with Tru rattling off all these gourmet delectables, she incites the raiding of ones kitchen cupboards in search of anything resembling her foodies. My cupboards are lean I am going shopping!!!!!! And I've gained weight; now have to lose 30 Lb. :thumbdown:

P.S. Way to go Tru down to size 10 - all that exercising has really paid off, keep it there girl.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Banned

Littleone aka Dar.......why don't you join the challenge next month if you have to lose 30lbs?
Old 03-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Banned

Where is Carrie today? She tells me about the turtle burger thread last night and she is not here today. I believe she lied when she said it made her sick to even look at it. I believe she is at Wally World getting all the fixings to make herslf one nice big fat turtle burger!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned

At the bottom of my screen it has an ad for the fat belly diet thingy. I has what not to eat and what is pictured but a banana. I hardly ever have bananas and this week I had the lady get me some. I have been eating a banana every day I wonder if I gained weight this week even though I have been doing so good.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
does it count if I tried on a pair of jeans that were 96% cotton and 4% spandex and they fit or is it cheating since they weren't 100% cotton so they stretched and the zipper closed and I could sit down and they were fine and felt comfy and they were Bill Blass which I don't know how they run if they are true to size or not HOWEVER they are a size..............10!!!!!!!
YES IT COUNTS!!!! If you can get into a size 10 and breath it counts.
YEA!!!! That is my next goal to get into a 10 I am almost there.
CONGRATULATIONS TRU!!!!!
yes it counts. size 10 is a size 10. congrats.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
It counts! What a fantastic size!

I would LOVE to wear a size 10 anything...well, I can wear a size 10 shoe...
so I guess that is not exactly true,

Tru=
So proud of YOU!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
well, good for you size 10's. i can't even fit into a size 10 shoe.!!!! i come from a family of 6' plus. everyone but me. and i am the runt of the family at 5'8.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:58 PM

Hey girls, can I just pop in and ask a question. I think your weight loss thread is great, and you guys sound like a fun bunch of quilters on a mission.
I heard that some of you may be Leslie Sansone Walkers, if so I would love to hear from you.

I just started a walking program in hopes that it helps me get in some better shape, sitting all day at work and then having a hobby that also is mainly sitting, has finally caught up with me, mainly in the waistline! I joined her walking club hoping for some support along the way and encouragement, but I think I am missing that.

So, if there are any walkers(walk at home walkers), I would love to chat with you. I need some encouragement.

Sorry, if I butted in on the thread and I shouldn't have. But keep up the good chats ladies, you seem to be enjoying yourselves.
Marilynn