Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Update on Smoker's challenge >
  • Update on Smoker's challenge

• Update on Smoker's challenge

Old 06-30-2011, 06:44 AM

My dear friends, I am still on track. Not missing the cigarettes as much as I thought. Even thinking of sneaking one has diminished tremendously. And I have so much more energy and time too. All the time I spent smoking is now going to better things like walking, calling friends, reading, and, oh, yes, quilting!
    A great big HUGE thank you to all of your support and stories. I know I can do it!
    Old 07-01-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Catherine Marie
    My dear friends, I am still on track. Not missing the cigarettes as much as I thought. Even thinking of sneaking one has diminished tremendously. And I have so much more energy and time too. All the time I spent smoking is now going to better things like walking, calling friends, reading, and, oh, yes, quilting!
    A great big HUGE thank you to all of your support and stories. I know I can do it!
    Soon you will be breathing so much better and the smoker's cough will be a thing of the past. :-D I'm so proud of you!
    Old 07-05-2011, 06:51 AM

I quit 14 yrs ago...know what you are facing. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I quit cold turkey...had a bladder infection first time in life. When I went to Dr she said it was what cancer of the bladder felt like...quit that day only out of fear. My addictive personality is such I knew I could never have "just one drag" and haven't. You are doing well to fill your time with positive substitutions. For me...the hardest was the oral fixation and what to do with my hands. Keep trying every moment and before you know it you'll find it hard to believe you ever once smoked.