Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I could make more quilts if... >

I could make more quilts if...

I could make more quilts if...

Old 07-02-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by LINDA CATLEGE
Yes work kills it, I go thru the QB everyday, get excited, want to work on something, get home tired, and get nothing done.
I am the same way. I check the QB before I go to work and think about different projects half the day. Some days I just wish I could play hookey. I tried it once but felt guilty all day so I still didn't get much done then either.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:05 PM

You can add an hour to each day by getting up an hour earlier.
Some crazy old woman told me that years ago - easier said than done LOL
The better alternative is to sell a couple of quilts each month and use that money to hire a maid to come in a do the work, so you can quilt more - sounds like a plan to me lol
Old 07-02-2011, 05:24 PM

Oh if only, someone would write all my sermons, people would get married, baptised, and die when it's convenient for me. My husband, who is retired, does most of the cleaning but I still have to cook, do laundry, talk to adult children on the phone and a whole lot of other things, like babysit grandchildren and great grandchildren. Some day I'm going to do nothing but quilt for days on end!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:29 PM

I could make more quilts if my sewing machine worked and I didn't have to hand piece everything. I'd be done with christmas presents already and working on whatever pattern is next on the list!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:38 PM

I suppose I should thank my daughter! I am house/pet sitting for her while she is in Afghanistan. I am responsible for a dog (wee little thing) and a cat. I do vacuum every day because I'm allergic to the dog, clean the rest of it every week or so. Cook when I'm hungry, walk the dog for 2 hours a night...and just piece quilts, read QB and take naps when I want!!! Florida weather has been lovely so I go to the pool and sun for a bit every now and then, go on a shop hop with some lovely quilty friends I've made down here, and piece more quilts! 28 quilt tops so far AND I've lost 10 pounds!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Should also thank my DH as I left him home on the farm with his DS to hold down the fort for 8 months or so!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:38 PM

I always think that, not enoough time in a day don't know how I every worked and got anything done
Old 07-02-2011, 07:01 PM

I could make more quilts if I didn't have to go to work, cook dinner...
hah - I just finished a quilt top for my daughter who is visiting for the fourth and I had hoped to have the quilt DONE. Seeing as how it was not done, so I could catch up this weekend...I put up a gallon of freshly harvested rhubarb, weeded a 50 foot asparagus bed which I haven't touched in three weeks, cleaned the pantry closet recently visited by a mouse, washed the hideous gas grill, washed the whole porch and even washed the big hostas which catches dead leaves from the maple which is being eaten by a Canadian woodpecker, fertilized the veggie garden and planted some shallots, stuffed the woodchuck hole with some nice poisonous rhubarb leaves just for spite... and generally paid attention to my family who don't get enough of it.

That said, I can't wait to make my sandwich and quilt my daughter's quilt!! Then I get to start on one for my son who is going to England - I am making him an 'easy' pattern in all shades of blue batik/hand dyes. Can't wait!!!

Is quilting addictive??????
Old 07-03-2011, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by SueSew
Is quilting addictive??????
You bet!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:52 AM

I get alot of quilting done becauseI DO NOT cook, clean, do laundry, ETC. " A clean house is a sign of a misspent life"
Old 07-03-2011, 04:15 AM

Ditto on that; my grown daughter made a comment as to what would I do if she moved out. Let me see.....go to work and come home and find my house the same way as I left it....not go grocery shopping as much...my utility bills would go down...and all of these things would give me lots of additional time to do the things I love...like quilting. I'm so ready to be an empty nester.