LAND Lines

Old 08-07-2011, 09:05 AM

I have not gotten rid of my land line nor my fax line. My family & I all have AT&T but the land lines here and most of the cells are Verizon. Well once the AT&T cell towers had problems and I thought about getting a Verizon cell phone. But then Verizon lines went down here a couple of years ago for the entire weekend. Well one way or another i always have a working line. I live in a rural area where the nearest big city is 70 miles away.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:10 AM

I got rid of mine years ago. I have a cell, plus I get my wi fi through my cable company; I have a fax machine but never fax anymore since I can e mail whatever I need. The only calls I got on my land line was sales calls. I haven't missed it at all !
Old 08-07-2011, 09:12 AM

In your situation it might be wise to keep land line. I have Verizon and have had for years and get excellent service wherever I go here in metro Atl area. Two of my grown daughters have Verizon which means we can talk endlessly without using up "minutes"......A few years back I went to Maine and supposedly Verizon wasn't there yet......well, I made phone calls from the coast of Maine without a problem !
Old 08-07-2011, 09:55 AM

Got rid of my landline when my ex had my son emancipated so he could stop paying child support on him. Had to cut expenses. Thought I would miss it. But guess what....I don't. Not at all. I say go for it. You, too, will not miss it and you will be saving money to buy more quilting stuff.....lol.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:57 AM

We still have a land line and I will not give it up. Enough people are out of jobs in the USA I will not be one who puts people who work for the phone company out of work, plus I still use snail mail for this same reason. Our cell phone doesn't always work in some areas.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:00 AM

Only have cell phones here, no land lines as a house phone. No, we don't miss the house phone.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:26 AM

I live in the woods and cell phone coverage is almost non existant for everyone (yes even Horizon "Do you hear me now?-- No I don't!). So our land line is a necessity.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by RamblingRose
I only had my cell for years,but had to have my pace maker replaced a year ago , and with the new pace maker I have to have a land line , I have a machine that sits beside my bed and hooks to my land line phone, It automaticly keeps tract of how my pace maker is working , And if a problem it calls my Dr. or hospital.
How cool is that!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Still have Land Line...In area with very low cell access...if you catch a cell and move you lose it...And if we lose electricity then mobile phones don't work. Also I have a prepaid cell phone and it's only for emergenices on the Rd otherwise I never turn it on or use it.
This is me also. And I work for Verizon as a technician, as a side note, we just went on strike today.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:58 AM

We just got rid of our land line a couple months ago and I don't miss it one bit! Cheaper bill, too!