Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
dilemma with quilt >

dilemma with quilt

dilemma with quilt

Old 10-10-2011, 01:40 PM

The quilt is so beautiful. I would have to fix it or have it fixed-once I see something like this it's all I see...sigh.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:49 PM

These are what I call the elephant in the room mistakes. You want to pretend it's not there but there is no way around it. Good luck in whatever you decide. It is still a terrific quilt.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:50 PM

I may be a little late on this, but here goes.

If you are having an edge to edge design done, it won't matter, and I really had to look to find it. If you are having custom work done, let her know and either pay to have it fixed or have it shipped back to you for fixing. It will make her job sooooo much harder to quilt that area.

Now, I'll go see if anyone else agrees with me!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by susie0808
I finished this quilt top for my nephew's wedding. I showed it to the ladies at my LQS and they loved it as I do. So off the quilt went to the quilter. I always take pitures of my work so this morning as I am looking ot over to count my pieces and I noticed a mistake. To me it's a big one. I'm in shock that no one noticed it. Can you see it?

Do I contact the quilter and have her send it back before she quilts it or let it be. Advice needed thanks.
I did that this summer----------------I'll always know where the mistake is! I'd be tempted to correct the mistake if you have time.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:02 PM

Why not keep it as it is as a reminder to the newlyweds that marriage isn't perfect, something that must be worked at all the time.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
i would get this back if you intend to give it as a gift.

the mistake is quite clear
I'm inclined to agree.
The raspberry color really pops and I believe it would bug me forever...but then I AM a bit type "A".
Old 10-10-2011, 02:06 PM

I agree with those who say fix it only if it really bothers you. I did spot it fairly quickly. I had a Native American friend who called his beading errors "spirit strokes" much like the Amish and their humility blocks. If it is going to bug you, then fix it for your own piece of mind. But if you don't mind, then I would not bother!! (unfortunately, if it were me, I'd have to fix it or it would never stop bugging me!)

For many, many years I had a wallpaper border that had one section hung upside down with grape vines and fruit hanging up. After a while, it became my favorite corner of the kitchen. Dunno why, this didn't bother me but it would if it were in a quilt, I am just a dork that way!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:09 PM

I agree with AZ123, I think the mistake would be a lovely sentiment to be pointed out to the newly weds as a constant reminder that the individual participants that make the marriage do not have to be perfect to be loved and appreciated for what they are together. You have a gorgeous quilt here and I would love to see it after it's quilted.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:15 PM

I would fix it. A lot of hard work went into it and that is a small enough fix.Also as time goes on , in your mind, it will get bigger and bigger.Thats what happened to me for a quilt I gave to my daughter. Its one pretty quilt though!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:17 PM

It is going to drive you crazy if you don't fix it. I think you should have your quilter send it back before it is quilted.