Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"PROJECT INCOMPLETE" >

"PROJECT INCOMPLETE"

"PROJECT INCOMPLETE"

Old 10-25-2011, 06:44 AM

Sounds just like me PLUS I have several rooms and trim to paint, husband wants to try corning some brisket which means I will have to help, need to make a centerpiece for my daughter's Thanksgiving table, shopping to do, Christmas shopping online coming up, etc. etc. etc. You get the picture - a million goals - need to be at least twins and live to 120! LOL.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:45 AM

guilty as charged. I went on vacation with only one project and got what I could get done with what I brought within two dsys. So I went to the fabric shop and got a kit to work on. I was going full out on that thing for 4 days, got it up to the piecing of the rows, and when I got home I laid it out on my table.
I have found three other projects that needed care or were due sooner, so that kit wuilt has sat in its sorry shape now for weeks. One of these days.......
Old 10-25-2011, 06:53 AM

I am so guilty of just this very thing. I get caught up in the excitement of planning something new, set it up (to a point) and my attention span gets ripped away by yet another interesting project I 'just have to try'. And now tomorrow I begin a new job with a couture dress designer, so where will I find time to finish anything I've already begun?
I hope I live to at least 180 years, or I'm in big trouble!!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:56 AM

You guys suffer from the same disease that I have... QCS. As of today don't think thee is a cure, just therapy. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-152051-1.htm
Old 10-25-2011, 07:06 AM

I usually just buy the patterns and when the mood passes I file it away.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:13 AM

WEll... my thing is I LOVE to make quilt tops.. but finishing the quilts has been something I've had to DISCIPLINE myself over. Having them professionally quilted is an expense that I can't always afford, and for really special quilts I just don't like to tie them. I have some tied quilts...but.. I don't give away tied quilts IF I can afford the quilting. I'm proud to say I really only have about 2 UFO's left to tackle (that I can think of). I do have a few quilt kits, but those don't count... DO THEY??..LOL

Our quilt group declared 2011 the year of the "UFO"...so we've all been plugging away on our UFO's since Jan of 2011 and at our monthly meetings we haul our projects in to our "Sew N' Tell" moment. It really worked to help us clear out our half finished sins. Everyone is feeling pretty good about it.

My quilt group doesn't know it yet, but 2012 is going to be declared "The YEAR OF THE TABLE TOPPER" or wall hanging. So.. that may produce a whole new crop of UFO's..lol Oh well...there's always 2013 to catch up again....LOL

We have fun...that's the main thing.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:18 AM

Guilty, guilty, guilty! I have been this way all my life and wonder if I'm ADD or maybe AQDD (Another Quilt Designing Disorder?)
Old 10-25-2011, 07:18 AM

I have some of my unfinished projects in plastic grocery bags, hanging on a nail in the sewing room. And I just must make another quilt before I get to them......and on and on. I'm your sister!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:26 AM

guilty as charged
Old 10-25-2011, 07:28 AM

If quilting wasn't a challenge would we be doing it? The challenge of a quilt is what keeps me going. I am the type of person who will try new things and once I have mastered it I have a problem getting back to it. But yes I am guilty of ufo's as well. But as long as I have them unfinished I have something to do.

But I work 2nd shift from 2 til 10 and by the time I get home I just want to relax. A couple of times I decided to sew when I got home and was up til 6 am. When I get the creative juices flowing it is hard to stop. Simply because I don't know when I will get inspired again. lol

Good luck on restraining this obsession of starting new projects, but if you find a solution PLEASE let us know how you were able to accomplish it, Happy Quilting!

Patty E.
Quilting Mad in Ohio