Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pansy KAleidoscope Quilt Top >

Pansy KAleidoscope Quilt Top

Pansy KAleidoscope Quilt Top

Old 05-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Dunster - I've seen that fabric online SOMEWHERE! Now to find it again!

Rhonda - wow, great fabrics! I like K4 but Hans thinks K1. I love the chickens as well but am concerned that the plain background would give the same subtle result as the pansies did. Now if there was a chicken one with grass or straw in the background... thanks so much for taking the time, glad I've led you into temptation AGAIN!

K x
That is why I would rather you choose the ones you like. I tend to look for the ones with a strong dark and light contrast. I think it gives me a more delicate look in the Dresdens. But I wanted to try something a little busier looking to see how it compares.

Is there any in the ones I posted that you want me to get? I will probably be going down again in a week or so. I'll take some pictures then also.

Thank you for posting the closeups of yours! I wanted to see how they compared with the ones I did where I chose the spots as opposed to the random choice in the whack and stack method. I was curious to see the differance
Old 05-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Dunster - I've seen that fabric online SOMEWHERE! Now to find it again!

Rhonda - wow, great fabrics! I like K4 but Hans thinks K1. I love the chickens as well but am concerned that the plain background would give the same subtle result as the pansies did. Now if there was a chicken one with grass or straw in the background... thanks so much for taking the time, glad I've led you into temptation AGAIN!

K x
They had one that had larger chickens about 3"or 4" I think but it also had some white in between If I remember right. I will take a pic when I go down again. If I interpret the comments I read right the larger print makes a better K for the stack and whack method.
I'm glad you led me back into tempation too! I've always loved the Ks but they don't sell well around here so I put them aside a couple of years ago.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:26 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda
[
They had one that had larger chickens about 3"or 4" I think but it also had some white in between If I remember right. I will take a pic when I go down again. If I interpret the comments I read right the larger print makes a better K for the stack and whack method.
I'm glad you led me back into tempation too! I've always loved the Ks but they don't sell well around here so I put them aside a couple of years ago.
The larger chickens would be good if the background is busier - the busier the better! The size is good because I cut 3 3/4" strips for the triangles and like you see in dunster's quilt, it works best if the images are chopped up so you see an eye here, a beak there etc. If you really don't mind taking some pics next time you go, I'll wait til then, otherwise I'll go argue with Hans between K1 and K4 - or maybe ask you to get me some of both! :D BTW what is the length of the pattern repeat on those two?

K x
Old 05-08-2009, 09:32 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Quilt Mama - just had a brain wave re Canadian dollars so checked the exchange rate and I get more to my euro than USD - 1.35 USD but 1.56 CAD, so not AS expensive as I first thought!

K x
Old 05-08-2009, 07:19 PM

WOW - amazing, it looks so very time consuming...
How about a bunch of us buying a suitcase each full of great fabrics and meeting in France for her to give us lessons, room and board in exchange for the fabric we bring in the extra suitcases. Air fare isn't to bad these days...
Old 05-08-2009, 09:25 PM

Love your OBW K. Iv'e made two of them. I'm totally addicted to them. I'm always looking for fabric and wondering how it would look. Here are my efforts. On the asian print I put a gold border and then an outside border out of the original fabric so you could see what it started out like. I also bought the OBW encore book. Can't wait to try some boxes!
Old 05-08-2009, 09:36 PM

Pics of OBWs.

Tigers.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33710[/ATTACH]

Close up of tigers OBW.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33711[/ATTACH]

Red asian print.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33712[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-33710.jpe   attachment-33711.jpe   attachment-33712.jpe  
Old 05-09-2009, 03:55 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
How about a bunch of us buying a suitcase each full of great fabrics and meeting in France for her to give us lessons, room and board in exchange for the fabric we bring in the extra suitcases. Air fare isn't to bad these days...
Great idea! We're having a BBQ at the end of May for both of our birthdays, why not come in time for that! :D

K x
Old 05-09-2009, 03:56 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Jan - I love both of those. I really like how you included a fussy cut hexagon of a whole tiger, I might have to borrow that idea for my next one!

K x
Old 05-09-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
Can I come to please, I would love for someone to show me, much more fun to chat and see how it is done. I do get the idea but I just like the idea of meeting you all

elle