Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from England >

Hello from England

Hello from England

Old 06-11-2009, 08:43 AM

Stick wi us lass an well teach thee ow to talk propa ! lol!

Karen xx
Old 06-11-2009, 09:30 AM

Hello Buggarlugs,gosh I haven't heard that nickname since I was a child.Welcome to the forum,you will find so much help and friendship here.I live in North Yorkshire,U.K but was born in Nottingham where that nickname was used a lot! I find that the U.S sites much more open and generous than any other. Glad you have find this site,Letty.( I wonder if anyone knows what the nickname means ! )
Old 06-11-2009, 09:32 AM

Oh so true !!!!!! Letty
Old 06-11-2009, 09:42 AM

Welcome from Kansas - also fair (does silver count as fair???) I'm in great shape - round is a shape you know!! and in my 50's, so do I qualify??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-11-2009, 10:08 AM

Hi Loretta, Letty is short for Letitia,which is my my middle mame.My first name is Ann.In fact my mother gave me the name Letitia after her sister, who, can you believe, she never got on with !!!! Such is life.I would much have prefered Annie which was my mothers name.I choose Letty for the forum because I had to choose a password name,too late to change now.and I have got used to it.Happy patching, Letty
Old 06-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
When Iwas a child and my Granny used to say 'daft ha'porth' to me, she'd drop the 'H' in good Yorkshire fashion, so i always thought it was 'apeth' ie, something to do with being a monkey! :D
That's funny.

My friend's daughter insisted that the last line in our Pledge of Allegiance read "and Justin is a frog"

buggalugs and k3n, thanks for the translation. My grandma has the "10 Pfennig worth of baking soda" in her recipes. Talk about a corrupted pricing scheme there. lol
Old 06-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

Of course you qualify, Dorothy. At this rate, we will have all the skinny quilters getting jealous.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

welcome

Old 06-11-2009, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes, yes, it's my 63rd birthday today. (10th, for those of you with time differences). Sorry Buggalugs for hijacking your thread. (BTW, my father used to call me buggalugs too, so it can't just be a Yorks/Lancs thing, as I was born in Hertfordshire)

I will happily accept Presidency, as long as it doesn't involve too much, as otherwise I will have to decline, because of pressing UFO's getting on my conscience. In that case I will defer to age and mplsgirl can take up the challenge!
Mplsgirl respectfully declines. Anything I am in charge of usually gets run into the ground. I will accept Vice Presidency, however, because they don't seem to do much anyway.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:16 PM

Just to keep this from being COMPLETELY TAKEN OVER BY THE BRITS & Scots, be they at home or abroad, WELCOME FROM CONNECTICUT :D I'm not fair, fat and 50 - I'm silver, slim and not tellin' :? May I still be in your club --- please :cry: :cry: :cry: I've loved visiting England, Scotland and Canada, and I'm sure I would love visiting the rest of the Commonwealth, but I haven't been to the others yet.