Round Robin Perfect 10's

Old 07-02-2013, 02:19 AM

Melinda, this quilting addiction.. its not such a bad thing is it? I use it for peace of mind.. when I quilt I can forget all of the other things that life has to work with and just focus on .. quilting. Cheap therapy I always say to the dh. He isn't so sure its 'cheap' lol but he does not mind at all as long as it keeps me happy. I think this he figures this way I wont say much about his fishing all the time.

I went to google images and typed in round robins and boy you get quiet a few to see also on pinterest there are a few that show up.. then its off to finding borders type that one in OMG just a few to choose from! I have been so boring with my borders.. I usually do .. strips on my quilts. this sure opens your eyes to the variety of rounds you can actually do. tons! I am thinking floral for this one. Of course there is a ton of fall fabric in my bin.. oh the choices to make oh dear this might require looking at my fabrics for a while. Tough job lol..
Old 07-02-2013, 02:21 AM

ps my avatar is a dq I did in Krystyna's DQ swap. We were to do crazy quilts. I figured a chicken suntanning at the beach was pretty crazy .. this is a peak into me. I sometimes take a regular concept and go left field with it. Here is the full picture: [ATTACH=CONFIG]422182[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails crazy-chicken-brat.jpg  
Old 07-02-2013, 03:53 AM

I certainly didn't mean to leave Nexxus831 out of my statement - I did not see she had joined this one - sorry about that.
I agree that quilting is both an addiction and therapy....a good one on both fronts but I agree with Brat's DH - it is not cheap. LOL
Old 07-02-2013, 05:17 AM

This is going to be a fun group/swap...I can tell! I have been quilting since the late 80's and never liked to sew before that. I still don't like to sew anything else! I have 3 grown children, only one daughter and she finally got tHe quilting bug in her late 30's...I am so happy bout that but alas, she lives 5 hours from me and works full time.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
ps my avatar is a dq I did in Krystyna's DQ swap. We were to do crazy quilts. I figured a chicken suntanning at the beach was pretty crazy .. this is a peak into me. I sometimes take a regular concept and go left field with it. Here is the full picture: [ATTACH=CONFIG]422182[/ATTACH]
This adorable chicken now lives at my house since I was the lucky recipient in the doll quilt swap.

What is happening with this group? Is it closed?
Old 07-02-2013, 05:57 AM

Nope not closed yet, just PM themamahauser if you want in a group.
To start everyone's celebration, HAPPY 2nd, 3rd and 4th[ATTACH=CONFIG]422202[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 4th-july.jpg  
Old 07-02-2013, 03:27 PM

On Saturday My friend and I went to thrift stores, etc. We got the bargain of a lifetime!! Went to one where everything was 50% off. There was a pile of Quilting Magazines - over 20!! From 2007-2010. Normally they actually sell them for 10 for $1.00 but since it was 50% off -we got all 20+ for one dollar!! There were a few duplicates but we are having a blast looking. Will no doubt take us another month to actually read some of them!
So now i am drawing a blank as to what center to make to send out - anyone have theirs that they would like to post a picture of???
Old 07-02-2013, 08:20 PM

I have a question for some of you who have done several round robins. I have a beautiful embellished cross stitch that I have done of 3 dolphins. It is on aida. If I put muslin on the back, do you think I could use it as a center?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:01 AM

Oh I got my mother to join this round robin tonight. She doesn't post on here much at all, if she does it is usually me doing it for her at her request. Her name is LeStrong601. She is married to my father and just about ten days ago they were married for 45yrs. I have four brothers (two adopted) and then me. Both my father and brother are injured veterans. My brother who is disabled lives at home with them. My mom and him have an awesome close relationship. They have two black labs who love to be under foot when she is sewing. She does long arm quilting for people at a low cost because she loves doing it. One of these days she will get me to learn how to use it, for now I am terrified of it.

@Ssnare I don't see why that wouldn't work and put a few borders around it to help stabilize it.

What size centers are we starting with?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:15 AM

NEXXUS I think the size is posted but I thought for some reason no larger than 18" for this swap? now I have to go look! Happy Anniversary Mom! 45 yrs GOOD FOR YOU!

I would think you would need to stabilize that embroidery and can it take repeated washings? or is it going to be a wall hanging when done? the fabric tends to .. stretch more than quilting cotton and it might not retain its original square/rectangle shape .. I personally would not do it.