Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bionic Gear Bag - Anyone Else Making It? >

Bionic Gear Bag - Anyone Else Making It?

Bionic Gear Bag - Anyone Else Making It?

Old 05-30-2014, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by PABerard View Post
This is on sale at http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewin...ons-tote/93596 She's listed it at $1.50 and will go up with every sale. I just purchased it for $1.75! YAY, finally procrastination pays off! LOL!
~ Pat
I just jumped in and bought in $4.75.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PABerard View Post
This is on sale at http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewin...ons-tote/93596 She's listed it at $1.50 and will go up with every sale. I just purchased it for $1.75! YAY, finally procrastination pays off! LOL!
~ Pat

LOL....

I'm glad you two caught it early! I sent out a newsletter... and Craftsy got slammed right away by more than a few of you! I'm here to tell you... I think women can *smell* a sale. lol

So thanks for being a part of my re-launch. Love you guys for your support!

I'm going to let it sit where it's at for the night.

And tomorrow... I'm going to dive into those other yummy fabrics that have been sitting here since last weekend!
Old 05-31-2014, 07:43 PM

Up to $9 something now. You did good.

Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
I just jumped in and bought in $4.75.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:41 AM

I'm planning my bag and wonder if anyone has tried Byannie's Soft And Stable instead of batting? It is sold on Superior thread website.

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2014, 01:27 PM

There was a lot of controversy surrounding this and the other bag. Even with threats or wishes of bodily harm due to the knocking off of the original pattern. A friend of mine told me about the other one but I haven't made either one yet-thinking about it though. Love the ones I'm seeing in this thread! I think i like the bionic one better.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:36 PM

After looking at the video, I think I want to make one for traveling.

eta: the smaller version would be great for my daughter's dance recital gear. Hair and makeup and such.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Banned

Hi you all...

I just popped on here because I put a new video on YouTube today about being able to take the Aurifil brand spool apart and put it back together again so the thread is dispensed over the top of the spool (towards you) when the spool is horizontal on the machine (as it should be)... video is ~here~ if that doesn't make sense.

I just bought 5 new spools of thread to keep in my own class/retreat bionic gear bag. What a treat to start to have doubles of my favorite colors! Same goes for having another rotary cutter.

Anyway... I'd like to just say the "controversy" (which never should have happened!) is starting to settle down... and while I do appreciate your kind words, I hope we can let that die the death that it has coming to it.

I also made a needle keeper wallet (I'm really proud of!) that fits in the BGB. If you look me up on YouTube, you'll find that video, too.

Thanks again for all of the kindness that has been shown to me on this board... you all are the ***best***.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:52 PM

thanks for the youtube links!! I've been wanting to make some kind of needle keeper wallet so that's perfect!! I would edit out my comment about the controversy but I can no longer edit that post. I just now read about it (like 2 nights ago) and didn't even look to see how long it had been going on.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:53 PM

btw I just shared the link to the bionic bag video with my sister, who is pretty much a bag pattern collector (she does make a few too).

eta: I LOVE that needle wallet! I'm definitely getting that pattern. I love how you used selvages for it and that you were able to find the parts with the quotes. I don't think any of my selvages have quotes on them.

Last edited by gale; 06-17-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gale View Post
btw I just shared the link to the bionic bag video with my sister, who is pretty much a bag pattern collector (she does make a few too).

eta: I LOVE that needle wallet! I'm definitely getting that pattern. I love how you used selvages for it and that you were able to find the parts with the quotes. I don't think any of my selvages have quotes on them.
HUGS!!! Thanks so much!

I'm babysitting the grandbabe today... so there was only peace and quiet here early this morning so I could make that video. Love having her... and she loves bein' here.. but dang, not much gets done when there's the two of us!

Anyway... when she goes home this afternoon... I'm going to try to go and build another one of the needle wallets and finish writing the pattern tonight. I got the first one done after being up until 5 AM figuring all of that out! lol... second one should go better. I am *super* pleased with how that first one came out.

Oh... The fabric is called "Bobbins and Bits" by Moda. It's been out a while now, so you should Google it and snatch up any you can find. I hacked into it quite a bit to make those words come out right. LOL