Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Any Interest in Swapping Two Inch Squares? >
  • Any Interest in Swapping Two Inch Squares?

• Any Interest in Swapping Two Inch Squares?

Old 07-12-2014, 03:12 PM

I'll be making Bonnie Hunter's "Hopscotch, Butterscotch" from Adventures with Leaders & Enders. You're right, though, that I'll need more (actually double my original number). I want to use the same fabric for the cornerstones (which are actually 2.5", as well as yardage for the sashing. There are a lot of small rectangles in the blocks so there will be other fabrics besides the 2" squares. I'm also toying with the idea of changing the piano border, but haven't decided yet.

At any rate, the swap will surely get me started! Thanks for the heads-up, sewbizgirl!
    Old 07-13-2014, 05:30 AM
    Power Poster

AnneP, that's a cool quilt! Hope to see it when you get it together.
    Old 07-13-2014, 07:10 AM

I agree, sewbizgirl. I'm going to use a light sage green for the sashing to go with the fabric on a sofa and love seat we're having reupholstered and I'll use salmon cornerstones to go with the accent color of pillows and accessories. Not sure about the borders, yet, though. May go with Bonnie's pattern or may change to just piano key border without the light squares every other one. I might do a dark/light pattern for the piano keys to reflect the rectangles in the blocks. Just thinking at the point!
    Old 07-14-2014, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Gentle reminder: This post wasn't a vote between 2 and 2.5" squares. It was a query as to HOW MANY would be interested in a 2" square swap. The thread seems to have been hijacked by those who want to swap 2.5s.
    It appeared that some members weren't aware of the 2.5" swaps, that's the only reason I posted the info. Sorry if anyone felt this thread was 'hijacked'.
    Old 07-14-2014, 06:11 AM

Mmmm guess I better get started cutting mine out so I'll be ready when we get the go ahead signal. Really looking for to this swap.
    Old 07-14-2014, 06:13 AM

Mmmm guess I better get started cutting my 2" squares out so I'll be ready when we get the go ahead signal. Really looking for to this swap.
    Old 07-14-2014, 07:47 AM

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I am not going to be able to hostess a swap at this time. This weekend my 89-year-old deaf mother-in-law fell (again), was hospitalized (again) and since she is adamently refusing to go to a nursing facility because of her communication problems, the decision has been made to pack up my sewing room and have her move in with us. Everyone is UPSET and I just can't take on the responsibility at this time. Perhaps someone who was going to participate can take over hostess duties? I'm really sorry, guys, the most positive spin I can put on this is at least it happened before I formally posted the swap.
    Old 07-14-2014, 10:03 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
    It appeared that some members weren't aware of the 2.5" swaps, that's the only reason I posted the info. Sorry if anyone felt this thread was 'hijacked'.
    No, it wasn't you. Your info was actually helpful to anyone who was looking for a 2.5 swap. I was referring to the dozen or so ladies who tried to turn this into a 2.5 swap, LOL!
    Old 07-14-2014, 12:04 PM

Not interested in 2" squares, but I have sent you some...Enjoy!
    Old 07-14-2014, 02:17 PM

Do we have any idea how many squares we'll be swapping? I'm gathering squares and have about 4 sets of 25 each. Should I go for 50, 100, or more?