Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Muliple quilts >

Muliple quilts

Muliple quilts

Old 07-15-2015, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I have quilter's A.D.D. (attention deficit disorder)as well. I am working on finishing the applique on one quilt top while pulling and cutting scraps for another. I currently have 2 tops finished that need quilting too.
I think Tartan and I are sisters! I have MANY projects going and at the moment am attempting to finish a few so I can see a bit of my cutting surface! I need an organizer!!
Old 07-15-2015, 11:52 AM

I always have several going at any given time.....I have a lot going on in the summer, so I usually just cut and/or piece when I get a few minutes, and save the actual quilting for winter when I can dedicate some serious blocks of time to quilting. I usually go into winter with at least 4 tops to be quilted, and that suits me just fine.
The bottom line is that we all have different goals, time allotments, and visions of "right way to quilt"...it seems to work any way any of us do it, so do what fits into your life, and don't sweat the small stuff!
Old 07-16-2015, 03:29 PM

I always have 2 or more going at one time and for various reasons. Handwork, pressing, piecing, cutting, quilting is more efficient for me if I am working on more than one quilt.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:54 PM

Wait! Are we counting those true UFO's--the ones that go started, are boxed and may some day get pulled out again? Or those that have all the fabric tucked away with the pattern for the "when I have time"? If so, I'm embarrassed to say how many "in progress"!
Old 07-16-2015, 05:08 PM

I thought I was good until I saw Linda in Misery I mean Missouri. 64 huh?

I have 15 in various stages of being. I only count them when I have started cutting.

4 need quilting.
2 need to be finished quilting. Lap quilts.
1 needs a binding.
one needs a border.
3 are blocks waiting to be put together.
2 are ongoing projects (one is called latilla, a strip sew and flip, one is the crazy quilt that is always ongoing when I feel like messing with scraps)
one is long sections (french braid)
one is a couple of blocks that have been paper pieced and thousands of pieces that need to be PP.
one is quilt that I started, screwed up, fixed the strip sets, and is almost ready to be finished.

I also will buy fabric, put it in a bag with the pattern and wait until I just "Go for it". I have a couple of those.
That's about it.

tim in san jose
Old 07-16-2015, 11:58 PM

Im so excited this thread is still going I have three more planned that Im going to start collecting material for as I go (because I have a feeling they are going to be expensive lol) and now I dont have to feel guilty
Old 07-17-2015, 03:31 AM

always have several UFO on the back burner.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:13 AM

I typically like to have four going at all times. One is a block of the month, so that may or may not count . . .but I typically have one under my sitdown longarm, another being pieced at my machine, and one on my cutting table. If I get bored doing one thing, can skip to something else. The sitdown quilting wears me out when quiltng larger quilts so I need a change of pace.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

I some times have two going...