Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Theme "Summer" >

August Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Theme "Summer"

August Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Theme "Summer"

Old 08-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Power Poster

Linda, just simply beautiful. Did you make the flower on the p.c. too? It's very pretty. Look at all the gorgeous pins too. Really nice swap.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:18 PM

Yes I made the flower on the pin c. Thanks I love making them. This is a fun swap!
Old 08-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

beautiful needle case. I too was a lucky recipient of a needle case. it's just so pretty. Love the pincushion too.

Mary, Larry said yesterday the bagel place stopped making egg sandwiches. I wonder what McDonalds will do.
what's up with the chickens, the flu?????
Old 08-10-2015, 04:26 PM

Thanks for all of the Birthday wishes. I guess I will be going for more tests and more Dr. Visits. The p/c and needle cases are beautiful. I started a N/C for Rosemary. I haven't been sewing. Gonna try it. I want to do the Farmer's Wife 1930s. They are doing it here on the board. I would like to do hand piecing, but I not sure what I am doing. I bought the book so far that is what I have done. I just can't keep on a schedule and worry about keeping up.
Mary i'll take a picture of my puppy. One of these days, after I get Rosemary's pkg finished I will sign up, that is if I have the theme ahead of time and can make something in advance. Anyways I'll stop by and say Hi, now and again.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:06 PM

Nan62 -- ljdugas does lovely handwork. I was also a lucky recipient of her beautiful work in this swap. You have been thrice blessed!
Old 08-11-2015, 04:45 AM

It finally rained last night or I should say poured. Now it is very humid today and I think I should be getting more showers. Going to be 73 tomorrow for a high so I can get shopping done before it heats up again. One of the leasing farms in the National Park must have seen egg prices skyrocket so they have about 100 chickens. They used to fence them near the road I went by but now they are way in the back. They also had 3 pigs and I haven't seen them in a long time so I guess someone is getting bacon. I used to see coyotes and I haven't seen any lately and I even go by the Brecksville Reservation that is a habitat for them and if you are walking there you see signs telling you what to do if you see them.

Another beautiful swap from Linda. Just love the Shabby Chic.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

Pat glad you finally got rain. Lynnie, a bunch of chickens got sick at a egg farm and so they ended up killing over a million chickens so as to not spread the disease. It was sad.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

Mary, so how long b4 the new chickens hatching will be making eggs and everything goes back to normal.
(I hope you don't mind 'splaining to this suburban chick how it all happens)
Old 08-11-2015, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

Usually they start laying about 6 months old. Some of the chickens put down were not of laying age yet,some older ones. Just whatever the farms had and were exposed to the virus. . Some farms just raise chickens for eggs. and have hundreds or even thousands of chickens. My ex-son-in-law used to haul feed to a chicken farm here in Missouri. They would raise chickens from newly hatched to laying age then ship them out.They had thousands of chickens. They hired several Native Americans to come in and catch the chickens to load into the trucks. It was funny watching them. They would slip on eggs on the ground and sometimes throw the eggs at each other. That was about 10 yrs ago. Hope all this doesn't bore everyone else. So hopefully egg prices will go down at least some in a couple months. OK Class Dismissed.LOL
Old 08-11-2015, 05:13 PM

It's nice to hear about what's happening in other parts of the country. I personally like to hear about other people's lives. As a former journalist, I know that everyone has a story. And I'm a good listener!