Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
black and white brick swap - Sign up by 12/30/09, Must be Received by 1/31/09 >

black and white brick swap - Sign up by 12/30/09, Must be Received by 1/31/09

black and white brick swap - Sign up by 12/30/09, Must be Received by 1/31/09

Old 12-30-2009, 11:32 AM

I am just waiting for answer too, But If I don't get answer by fri. I am out of the swap, I got other things to do and I have time now to do this swap,but no one has answer any of my questions, so I have no clue what to do. lynn
Old 12-30-2009, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by cjt_mama
ooo.. I know its the last day to sign up today...I am very interested, I want to join, but I need to know if one set has to be all the same fabric, and if b/w prints are allowed or not?? I have a couple of projects I have done in b/w and I love them!
1 set is 15 bricks, and each swapper is to do 1 set from 5 different fabrics to equal 75 bricks
Old 12-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Banned

I am also totally confused. I think I signed for 5 sets. How many bricks is that and how many fat quarters.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:33 PM

1 set is 5 fq's cut into 75 bricks. 5 sets, will be 25 fq's each cut into 15 bricks so 15 times 25 would be 375 bricks, that's a LOT!
Also, my understanding was that this was for Black and White bricks...It DID start out to be scrappy, but then someone interjected the black and white theme which was the original...and made it that again. So, which is it? I have ALL my black and whites cut, that is what I was going to send. I cut up 2 sets, 10 fq's into 15 bricks for each fq so I have a total of 150 bricks, of course, I will take one off of each stack to keep for myself. So, if it is now scrappy blocks, then I too...will have to beg out of this swap. I have only seen clarification of black and white, and nothing on scrappy. I guess we will know soon enough. Tomorrow is the 31'st, so the sign up will have ended. Joanie
Old 12-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

I haven't cut mine up yet either , was waiting on clarification of colors . I went and bought some balck with white patterns and then some white with black patterns. Just wanted to make sure this was correct
Old 12-30-2009, 03:14 PM

I won't have any trouble making a black and white quilt for myself, I have already started on the 4 patches in Black and Gold..or a deep mustard color to put with them, like in Bonnies site, hers are all scrappy with black and white 4 patch,..I am doing my colors to put this together. I can't tell you how excited I AM to have these all cut, so I am ready for which ever way comes. It's all good!
Old 12-30-2009, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by ctmhjenn
Also, my understanding was that this was for Black and White bricks...It DID start out to be scrappy, but then someone interjected the black and white theme which was the original...and made it that again. So, which is it? I have ALL my black and whites cut, that is what I was going to send. I cut up 2 sets, 10 fq's into 15 bricks for each fq so I have a total of 150 bricks, of course, I will take one off of each stack to keep for myself.
So, did you do black patterned white value, and white patterned black value, as someone else was talking about? That's what I bought, but I have also been waiting to see what others said before cutting into bricks. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2009, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Originally Posted by cjt_mama
ooo.. I know its the last day to sign up today...I am very interested, I want to join, but I need to know if one set has to be all the same fabric, and if b/w prints are allowed or not?? I have a couple of projects I have done in b/w and I love them!
1 set is 15 bricks, and each swapper is to do 1 set from 5 different fabrics to equal 75 bricks
TyTy.. I think I got it now, lol. Looking forward to it!
Old 12-30-2009, 04:41 PM

My fabrics are a mix of white on black and black on white
Old 12-30-2009, 06:04 PM

I think we will hear from Barb soon. Perhaps she has been busy or just out of town. I, too, have my black and white bricks cut and ready to mail. Life happens and that is probably what happened to Barb :-)