Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
National Quilting Day, March 20, 2010 What are you doing? >

National Quilting Day, March 20, 2010 What are you doing?

National Quilting Day, March 20, 2010 What are you doing?

Old 03-20-2010, 11:23 AM

If you take a bar of Irish Spring soap and shave it off with a carrot scraper, sprinkle it around your plants the deer will leave it alone! Works for me!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:26 AM

It's my DD 16th birthday! First we are going to watch my DS's baseball game and then the rest of the day/evening is her call. No sewing for me today.

Happy NQD and first day of Spring!
Old 03-20-2010, 12:53 PM

I'm helping my daughter get ready for prom! She will look gorgeous! (OK maybe I'm a little biased).

I may get to sew a little when they leave for dinner and before I go to watch Grand March. But this prom is 30 miles away. Her own prom isn't until April 10 and we get to do it all over again!
Old 03-20-2010, 12:57 PM

b.zang, Do you have a picture of the quilt? Is there a website that we can see the quilt? Eiltcoq.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:01 PM

QuiltingB, I have a package of material strips for the same purpose. I am getting rid of some of my things and wonder if you would like the material. If you'd PM your address, I'll send them to you. Eiltcoq.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:05 PM

Erhausfrau, Do you have a special pattern for the cancer quilt?
I'm intereted in seeing what you are making. Eiltcoq.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Chrickett
Originally Posted by newestnana
My LQS is having an open house (with snacks!) and while there we can make pillowcases (for the One Million Pillowcases project) and Little Dresses for Africa.
I have been making little dresses too for the Children in Africa, I went to my quilt shop and bought some bright and cheerful material, I have 12 made and am working for 25, that is what fits in a gallon freezer bag. I love making the dresses they go so fast, I surge around the whole piece and then turn up hem and turn down tom and then cut out the armholes an go to town sewing them together. I love it.
I hadn't heard of the Little Dresses for Africa. Because you mentioned it, I decided to look it up. What a wonderful ministry. I need to find the pattern for the boys also. Thank you for mentioning this project.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:16 PM

DH and I had a lovely, SUNNY!! drive to pick up a new-to-us furnace. About 2 hours each way, so a nice way to spend the day together. I made a pan of bars when we got home....tomorrow our church is hosting a fund-raiser chili feed for "The New Americans". There is a fairly large refugee community here that is always very appreciative of help.

DH is napping, so I am headed to the sewing room for a bit. I am working on 1 1/2" squares. Making 9 patches with those, and joining together with solid squares of W.O.W. I am enjoying this one as I can do a little or a lot...depending on how much time I have, and I always see the progress. :)

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Patti
Old 03-20-2010, 01:17 PM

Just rented a house so packing up all my quilting stuff to move this week. I will have such a nice large room with lots of natural light to make into my quilt room. No more squeezing it into the tiny apt living room!!
Old 03-20-2010, 01:18 PM

Chrickett, Do you use a certain pattern for the Dresses For Africa? Eiltcoq.