Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
National Quilting Day, March 20, 2010 What are you doing? >

National Quilting Day, March 20, 2010 What are you doing?

National Quilting Day, March 20, 2010 What are you doing?

Old 03-20-2010, 06:09 AM

I planned to go visit a girlfriend but we are having heavy snow so I'll visit grandchildren for another day or two. Nice thing about being retired and having a very flexible schedule! My son lives 25 miles west of Bartlesville.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:18 AM

I agree with sewcrafty! Yard work - leaves, sticks and pine cones need to be raked up and taken from the yard. Hubby went to get the garden tractor from the service center so I will have my lawn cart this afternoon. It has been so nice outside - up to the 70's. Daffodils are opening on the sunny side of the house. Crocuses have been blooming for awhile. And the forsythia buds are ready to pop. Funny thing is I have not seen a robin! Does this mean we still have some snow to come???
Old 03-20-2010, 06:19 AM

My goal is to quilt for 2 hours today. I need to finish up the one baby quilt before my friend tags me for another one. (she does so playfully)

PS - she's having her second child & it's going to be a boy. Now I need to figure out colors, etc. as well as what new baby shoes to make for this one...
Old 03-20-2010, 06:20 AM

I will be working on my quilt < I only lack 2 more blocks of hand applique and it will be ready to set together. Wont finish today but each stitch is one more closer.lol. I hope to get back to my DJ with this thread group too soon. jolo
Old 03-20-2010, 06:24 AM

When I am done checking around the Quilt Board, I will do some applique on my daughter's wedding quilt. 2 blocks done, 1 1/2 to go on the applique. 16 pieced blocks finished. It needs to be done for October 2010!
I am also doing a fun and done christmas quilt using scraps. My plan is to do at least 2 more and more if the scraps are still there!
Can't afford to go to any quilt shops! The budget won't allow it and I have plenty of fabric and UFO's to keep me busy for quite some time. We were in a craft/antique mall yesterday and I found some great quilt books at a great price. I got 3 new books for $8 each. There were more but I didn't want to break the bank! Besides some I had and some weren't my style.
Happy National Quilting Day to all! Have fun.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:27 AM

It's cold and rainy here in Dallas, so I will stay in. I hope to finish the Downy quilt and get one cut out of my own fabric (which I bought Thursday just for this!). I am also going to make a magic cape for my 5-year-old DGD. She called and asked me if I would, so of course I said yes.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:28 AM

I'm going back to work for the first time since last Sunday...tonite I'll work some more on my DJ...

I had never heard of the Candian Quilt of Belonging...googled it....what a wonderful work of art!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:52 AM

I just finished one of 2 baby quilts I have been working on for my 2 new great nephews. I will start finishing the second one today! Oh, and I will be going to my local quilt shops just to see what is new.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-18810.jpe   attachment-18877.jpe  
Old 03-20-2010, 07:12 AM

Canadian Quilt of Belonging -

That is one awesome quilt. Check it out - I did not know that about the Log Cabin! Very interesting. Germany has a beautiful piece in there also. When I have time, I am going to read all the stories behind each and every block. Edie
Old 03-20-2010, 08:01 AM

I am going to work on piecing my OBW, finish cutting pieces for my Storm At Sea, and make a tote for a friend. Oh, and there will be a nap too. Hubby sick and I am pooped. Did all our running yesterday and took DD and her friend to walmart to by the movei New Moon at midnight.

Almost 65 yesterday, now it is freezing and just started snowing.