Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Phase 2 of my quilt room... >

Phase 2 of my quilt room...

Phase 2 of my quilt room...

Old 04-22-2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I have been working on my sewing room for almost two weeks now...It is almost done :thumbup: At one point it was such a mess I wasn't sure it would ever get back to usefulness. What a good feeling now to see it coming back together....better then before!!! Yea!!

Your sewing room is wonderful...wanna trade?

Ditter
Thanks Ditter, I wanna see your pictures! Thank you for your kind words! :-D
Old 04-22-2010, 11:20 AM

I love your pictures. I can imagine you looking out the window at the mountains. We had the priviledge of working at a couple of bible camps in Alaska for over 20 years each summer. I miss it. I always sent home a box of fabrics from a couple of the quilt shops. They always seemed to have stuff I had never seen here at home. My dream is to have my room look like yours, including having at least 1 featherweight. They are impossible to find here. Guess I have not been in the right place at the right time.
Wendy B
Old 04-22-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
I love your pictures. I can imagine you looking out the window at the mountains. We had the priviledge of working at a couple of bible camps in Alaska for over 20 years each summer. I miss it. I always sent home a box of fabrics from a couple of the quilt shops. They always seemed to have stuff I had never seen here at home. My dream is to have my room look like yours, including having at least 1 featherweight. They are impossible to find here. Guess I have not been in the right place at the right time.
Wendy B
Hello sunkistmi,

Which Bible camp did you work at? Are you looking for something specific in fabric? If you are please let me know what and maybe I can find what you'd like. As far as my Featherweights. I bought 2 at a yard sale, and the others (except the white one "Nichole") are all from e-bay. Shipping is $$$$$$ a killer for sure. Check out Craig's list and yard sales dilligently and you will find what you want.
:thumbup:
Old 04-22-2010, 12:08 PM

We took work groups to Victory Bible Camp, mile marker 95 between Palmer and Glennallen and their other camp in Fairbanks, LiWa. I also was responsible for preparing them for their ACA (American Camping Association) accredidation visits every 3 years. I don't have anything specifically I am looking for. I just loved to go in the shops and look around. The largest box of fabrics was one I sent back from Fairbanks. I was hoping to beat it home so DH wouldn't get the package but no such luck, lol. I haven't been up there in 3 years now but have wonderful memories. I believe that if I'm supposed to have a Featherweight someday, it will happen in the proper time. I have been checking diligently however. Thanks for offering for the fabric.
Wendy B
Old 04-22-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
We took work groups to Victory Bible Camp, mile marker 95 between Palmer and Glennallen and their other camp in Fairbanks, LiWa. I also was responsible for preparing them for their ACA (American Camping Association) accredidation visits every 3 years. I don't have anything specifically I am looking for. I just loved to go in the shops and look around. The largest box of fabrics was one I sent back from Fairbanks. I was hoping to beat it home so DH wouldn't get the package but no such luck, lol. I haven't been up there in 3 years now but have wonderful memories. I believe that if I'm supposed to have a Featherweight someday, it will happen in the proper time. I have been checking diligently however. Thanks for offering for the fabric.
Wendy B
My DH and I were there about 6 years ago. Had a wonderful time there. Do you remember Chief? He was there when our eldest child went there many years ago....aha wonderful memories. Wonderful reliving yous & my memories!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:42 PM

I remember Chief very well! He was the Director of Tepee Camp. DS got to go several times we were there working. Now it's called Frontier Camp. They are trying to not use the tepees because they leaked so bad. Jim Raymond was his 'real' name. He started out up at Camp LiWa in Fairbanks then went down to Victory. He left several years ago. I think there is only one couple that is still there from when we went. The camp has really undergone a staff change so it's different when we have gone. DH was on the Board of Directors for several years so he was up there a couple times a year. After we finished our two weeks at the camp, a couple of years we rented a motorhome and did some traveling. One was down in the Kenai/Homer spit and the other we did the loop to Denali/Fairbanks/Valdez. Several years ago we took our spring break at the end of February/beg of March ataying at the camp in Fairbanks. We took in the Ice Festival, snow machining, Chena Hot Springs and got to go dog mushing. It's probably the last trip that DS will want to go with us since he is graduating from college. It was so different to be there in the winter. We got quite a few laughs when we told people where we were going for spring break. Everyone usually goes south. The northern lights were spectacular and DS took a class from the trumpet professor at the University of AK-Fairbanks. She had been a guest professor and taught a master class at Western Michigan University, where he is a senior. The day we left to come home, it was warmer there then it was here in MI. Go figure! We have made many wonderful friends that we keep in touch with. We were very blessed to have had those opportunities and treasure them. Alaska is buried deep in our hearts. Someday, DH & I would like to rent a motorhome and drive across Canada and up the Highway. He will have to retire first though since I want to do it over a couple of month. Maybe someday, sigh. Take care.
Wendy B
Old 04-22-2010, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Oh how nice that looks!! I have a question--are you worried at all about fabric fading since it's exposed? Or will you put a curtain over it? There's a room upstairs I could make into a sewing room, but it's very bright and I worry about fading.

Thanks for sharing your fabulous space!!
Hey Karla,
Some time back I did see your curtain for your fabric. That gave me an idea to to the same. As soon as I am able I will make a curtain too. Did you line your curtain with black out?That is my thought, since we have so much daylight for a couple of months anway! :shock: Your curtain idea is great, I already have the rod...woo hoo!!! Every day my blinds are down to protect my fabrics.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:31 PM

Having been single for 35 years I guess I am in envy of a man that is that cool!!. I know that you must be a lovely person for him to treat you to such treasures in a quilt shop. Life gives us treasures in many ways and you Must be a really deserving person. Anyway your welcome for my thread to you and thanks for the pictures
Old 04-22-2010, 06:14 PM

looks wonderful
Old 04-22-2010, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lockeb
NOW THAT'S A GREAT ROOM!!!!!! IS IS FOR SALE - AS IS :-)
Not for sale, but for hire :lol: