Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Upgrade to EQ7-- Do I or don't I?? >

Upgrade to EQ7-- Do I or don't I??

Upgrade to EQ7-- Do I or don't I??

Old 06-02-2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by shaverg
Originally Posted by merryhare
I just installed EQ7 upgrade. It is awesome! Had great fun playing around.
How did you get EQ7 so quick?
I ordered it early May from a site on Ebay and she notified me friday or Saturday that it was on its way because they released it early. Came home from work yesterday and there it was!
I have never done any of the lessons in 5 or 6, just learned by trial and error and using Help occasionally. May have to try some of the lessons this time for fun.
The suggestion for spiral binding the book is great! I have done that with several of my favorite quilt books but had not thought to spiral bind the EQ manuals.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:52 AM

Me too!! I didn't think EQ7 upgrade was out yet?

I'm looking forward to getting mine. It will Be fun to work along with others that getting it too!

Quiltbable, I love your star quilt.. I make a quilt for our annual Navy reunion and that would make a great patriotic one.. Use the big red star just as you have it and change the smaller ones to Blue.. Can I use your idea? I'm always looking for one that strikes my fancy.. that grabbed my interest right away! It's beautiful.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:22 AM

anyone on the fence to purchase EQ7, I came upon a site the full version was $141.95
A real bummer considering I paid that in March for EQ6.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:05 PM

Of course you can use the idea. I had gotten this idea from a quilt I saw. I will attach an EQ6 drawing of the first white quilt with yellow stars so you can see where I started. I recolored it to be green with white stars. Then I changed it to a pumpkin quilt with white stars.

Drawing of original award winning quilt in machine quilting show
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77857[/ATTACH]

Green stars in a circle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77858[/ATTACH]

Pumpkin circled stars
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77859[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-77852.bmp   attachment-77853.bmp   attachment-77854.bmp  
Old 06-02-2010, 09:33 PM

Thank you.. can't you just see it in a Red, White, and Blue colorway? I love patriotic themed quilts.. they are probably my favorite.

EQ7 should be great fun.. and will come at a perfect time for me. . I don't like summer in the midwest, too hot, way too humid, and too many pesky little creatures that love to bite me! I stay inside, or at least on a sidewalk with bug spray all over!!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Power Poster

if you didn't use the #6 one why would you even consider wasting that kind of money to upgrade? just curious...
i do not believe the newer versions get any easier to figure out and if it's not something you use why bother ...
that money could be spent on fabric/patterns...dvd's you will actually learn from and watch...
just my 2cents worth
of course...if you plan on becoming a designer and are going to learn the program then .....
i had the eq5 (i think it was 5...it's been a few years) i even took a class at the local qs with an (expert) i still never did anything with the program, found i' m much better playing with fabrics, paper and colored pencils than with that dog-gone waste of lots of money program...i do know people who spend hours and hours every day working with their program...it's a personal thing and i think you kind of have to be a computer person.I'm not, i always want to get to the sewing part, ...but if you don't use it dont waste money on an upgrade. that is like the person who has never excersized in their life but go out and buy a total gym because it will help them loose weight...guess what it doesn't help at all, it just takes up space and usually winds up in a yard sale or something a year or two later.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Have you guys done the lessons in the book or just tried it on your own? I got soooo discouraged at myself when I just started playing with it without doing the lessons. Finally decided, OK if I want to use this, bite the bullet and do the lessons. They have been soooo useful. Then I re-watched some of the videos and its really all coming together. Also, if you have anything that you can't figure out, you can call EQ and they'll assist you.

I went and pre-ordered EQ7. Some of what the new enhancements are were too much for me to pass up!!! Its suppose to be easier than EQ6, as was EQ6 is easier than EQ5.

Have I made you more confused!!! :? Sorry! :-D :-D

I agree wholeheartedly!! I'm just having a blast scanning my own fabrics and trying them out - it's really cool!!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:17 PM

Yeaaaaaaaaaa. Just got notice today my EQ 7 has been shipped. Can't wait.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Banned

I can't buy any. Good luck and God bless. Penny
Old 06-04-2010, 02:37 PM

Here is a red, white and blue drawing.

Blue stars in a circle around a red star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79378[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79373.jpe