Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Acrylic sewing tables...are they worth it?? >

Acrylic sewing tables...are they worth it??

Acrylic sewing tables...are they worth it??

Old 08-26-2010, 04:15 PM

I got one for my machine from allbrands.com Cheapest price I could find online. came wonderfully packed. I love mine I was wondering if this was worth it also just a few months ago. IT WAS!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:11 PM

Now, I want one too.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by betc
I got one for my machine from allbrands.com Cheapest price I could find online. came wonderfully packed. I love mine I was wondering if this was worth it also just a few months ago. IT WAS!!!
Just wanted to add that it was very well crafted also they custom make them for the type of machine you have. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-26-2010, 07:48 PM

I went over to my Pfaff dealer.. asked to see a table. Yep.. $100.. I asked her if I could draw around the piece.. she said sure.. so I bought a piece of interfacing, drew the profile.. and brought it home.. went to my handy dandy husband and asked if he could cut that out of acrylic.. he did, and put some legs on that we got at the home improvement center.. and I have a table.. It works beautifully.. makes everything so much easier! I've thought about asking him to make me one that was bigger.. I think it would be nice when I'm quilting.

We also have a shop in town that does work in acrylic.. they will cut templates or nearly anything for a very small price.. You might check to see if you have something like that where you live.. they are very helpful and can cut most any shape you need.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:12 PM

I have an old Viking that came with a small table when it was new. Well, I inherited it so I just got the machine and the case. I tried FOREVER to win the table on ebay (for a couple of months) and never could. I would see these tables sometimes go for upwards of $60! And they were like 30+ years old and not in the greatest condition. So my husband ended up making me one out out of laminated wood and it has made sewing large items such a dream.

I also bought the acrylic one from AllBrands for my newer Janome and it was money well spent. The tables take the weight of the quilt so you are not constantly adjusting it so much.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:15 AM

On one of the other sites they were talking about buying oversize cutting boards for the kitchen and found several less than $20 if you have a handy husband.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:36 AM

I got one for my Elna. I LOVE it!!!!! I don't have a cabinet for my machine, so FMQ was a real challenge. Now I actually enjoy doing FMQ.

Patti
Old 08-27-2010, 01:34 PM

My DH made mine. He bought a thick piece of acrylic, cut out the corner to fit the machine in, put big dowels on for legs. Works great! I don't remember what it cost, but it was a lot less than buying one. It measures 29" x 22". He put the blue masking tape on the edges.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:45 PM

Am I one of the few who isn't crazy about it? I don't even use it on my Janome memory craft. My quilt catches on the corner so I take it off when I do stippling! I may get one for my little janome, hope I like it better. Oh, I got mine new off ebay for a lot less.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:58 PM

i recently had one custom made for my Bernina 440. cost me $125.00 I found a plastics company and brought them the measurements, Just love it
Attached Thumbnails attachment-105757.jpe