Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

• Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 10-06-2010, 11:00 AM

thanks
    Old 10-06-2010, 11:28 AM

I'm loving all these great ideas. Count me in and I will be making a sampler starting with the calvary cross then going to the disapearing 9 patch then broken dishes, sunbonnet sue and ....... Well there are 4 pounds planned and 70 more to go better make small blocks myself. Thanks for the incentive and motivation. Gail
    Old 10-06-2010, 12:03 PM

I don't think I can keep up with and block a pound. I think 5# per block will work for me. WOW now if I can do it, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN............
    Old 10-06-2010, 12:08 PM

Ok I am in. Starting to day I will work hard at losing the 20 pounds I have put back on in the last two years. Will have to jump more on my trapoline and walk the dog more often. K
    Old 10-06-2010, 12:11 PM

You guys are awesome. I am so touched by the response this idea is getting! :D I've been looking at fabrics online to find one with tea pots and tea cups on it. This is really keeping me motivated to stick to my weight watchers!
    Old 10-06-2010, 12:51 PM

I'm loving all the ideas here. Keep them coming. I think I may go with the 5 pounds also. And I'm thinking maybe the friendship star block to represent all of you on here that will help me succeed.
    Old 10-06-2010, 01:14 PM

You inspired me to check out this book online... of course looking never works and I ordered it, and of course "1" is never enough so I ordered another quilt book as well. Can't wait to get it in the mail so I can get started. I also am a used to be "farmers wife" now turned "hobby farmers wife". Good luck on the challenge.
    Old 10-06-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by grannie-k
    Originally Posted by JudeWill
    What a fun idea! Maybe it would encourage me to stop losing and gaining the same 4 lbs. every month and instead keep going! I've been wanting to make a red & black one to go with my living room. And I've been wanting to try the disappearing nine patch. :thumbup:
    I know what you mean. I have the same five that come and go time and time again. I would be weightless if I could keep the 5 away everytime! I love this idea even though I don't have enough time for all the projects I have now. I think I will do a block per 5 lbs. I want to loose forever at leasst 35 pounds. Granddaughter is getting married in March and would like to be the skinny (thinner) granny.
    I wish you luck, luck, luck! I wish I had $5 for every time I have wanted to lose for someone's wedding, et cetera and never seem to make it. I also wish I could say I quit thinking like that and just want to lose to be healthier, but I can't say that. Right now, it's "lose before thanksgiving." :lol: Well, at least we keep trying, right?
    Old 10-06-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by littleone
    So my question is: do you remove a block for each pound regained.:>(( I tend to lose 5 to 8 pounds then regain them slowly till I am back to where I started. Such a yo yo I am. All kidding aside waiting to see lots of blocks from the participants
    I have the same problem I think my blocks should actually be Suffolk Puffs (Yo-Yo's).
    Old 10-06-2010, 01:25 PM

What are you doing with that fabric. I have some but never could decide what to do with it.