Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I got a new sewing machine :) Brother SQ-9000 >

I got a new sewing machine :) Brother SQ-9000

I got a new sewing machine :) Brother SQ-9000

Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Banned

I have the same machine. Had it nearly a year or more?

Love it Except for two things
1)Wish the monogramming alphabet could be adjusted to be bigger
2)and the feet of the extention table do not stay put when I quilt the bigger quilts.

It is great for piecing the quilts! Button holes are so easy!

I still use the foot pedal most of the time as I'm so used to the foot control instead of the push button. It does run faster if you use the push button instead of the foot pedal.

I would be lost with out the needle down now that I have it!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:57 PM

I haven't taken sq9000 out of box yet to try it and make sure everythings works. It stipples, free motion and 10 other fancy stitch to use for quilting. I also comes with the 1/4 inch guide presser foot. walker, spring action foot. Guide for a grid computrized for lenght of stitch to be used. I thought for $200 it was a good deal
Old 11-17-2010, 06:57 PM

I bought this machine from Wal-Mart back in Spring of 2010 when I started quilting and I just love it. I had an old Singer that I had inherited and had only done mending on it. I had always wanted to quilt and this year the time was right. I am loving it and am so glad that I picked this sewing machine because it has been a breeze learning on it. It is well worth the money! I will mention that the stippling stitch is very small and not something you could use as an all over the whole quilt design. You can FMQ your stipple design with no problems whatsoever though. Even I as a beginner have had no problems stippling or FMQ. And as they say "the more you practice the better you become". Highly recommend this machine....
Old 11-17-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by JANICE E.
I haven't taken sq9000 out of box yet to try it and make sure everythings works. It stipples, free motion and 10 other fancy stitch to use for quilting. I also comes with the 1/4 inch guide presser foot. walker, spring action foot. Guide for a grid computrized for lenght of stitch to be used. I thought for $200 it was a good deal
What are you waiting for? Rip it open! :lol:
Old 11-17-2010, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dingle
Originally Posted by JANICE E.
What are you waiting for? Rip it open! :lol:
You have some patience girl....I had my box open the minute I got it home! Yes, I love mine also.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:16 PM

Congrats on the new machine! This thread makes me excited to because hopefully *cross your fingers* I'm getting this machine for Christmas..at least it's on the top of my list :) Have fun!!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:41 PM

I still love it. But I get such little sewing time during the school week. I am really looking forward to this weekend. I have spent less than 2 hours with my new baby..

Sorry I can't answer more questions. When I have a chance to use it more, I can answer more questions.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I have the brother NX 650. It is the low end QUILTING machine. It has a few more stitches than yours, but it is essentially the same. Whoopee for us! Enjoy your new baby. My old Brother machine is Patsy, and I was thinking of Pearl for the new one! If 'they' can name the Featherweights (old toys),and LAQ's, I can name my new toys. :thumbup: P.S. If your old machine was a Brother, all of the attachments are interchangeable! Bonus!
I just read that some of you got wonderful quilting machines at Walmart, for $200. I should have checked there first. I spent waaay more than I needed to I guess. :oops: But, hey, no regrets!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:33 PM

Don't have this one, but congrats and happy sewing.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:52 PM

I opened it, I did, I did!!!!!!! I like it alot I've test drove it and now it has to go back in the box till xmas. I might sneak it out again I have to more quilts gfor presents I have to put togather. Yes HAPPY < HAPPY!!!!!