Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilts do you make in a year? >

How many quilts do you make in a year?

How many quilts do you make in a year?

Old 01-07-2011, 07:06 PM

I made a total of 15 full size quilts and I think about 65 kid quilts for donations. And my Farmers Wife quilt TOP, which is sitting here because I have no idea how I am going to quilt it.

Of course being laid off all year gave me plenty of time for this.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:15 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, lets see today is January 7, and I have just finished 2, and am working on an applique table topper that should be done in a day or two. I have about umpteen on order from family, so I have a lot to get done while DH is recovering
Old 01-07-2011, 07:23 PM

I pieced quite a few tops, quilted about 6 and am sending some out to be quilted. I need to finish some soon. I have lots of patterns I want to do.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:33 PM

Just counting charity quilts (their kits) I've done over 74...easy ones.

My own larger ones...finished...maybe 6.

Just the tops? toss in another 6.
Gads, I'm surprised I even cook meals...just two of us. :thumbup: ;-)
Old 01-07-2011, 09:33 PM

I counted 24 I made this past year and for this year I have already made 10 and working on 10 more to be done by the end of Jan so I have no idea how many I will make this year.

One thing for sure, when I get the last of the 40 done for my son's unit, I'm taking a long break.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:01 PM

With my bad health I'm lucky to make even one a year.
But in 2010 I made one queen ,and a twin size that I actually got quilted and then I have one twin and one lap size that needs
to be quilted and I've just started another large twin, that I will quilt as I go on it.. :-D
Old 01-07-2011, 11:18 PM

Last year I did 3 baby quilts, finished hand quilting one large quilt and started hand quilting another, made three tops and finished a large hand applique that needs to be sandwiched and quilted this year. Also did one wallhanging. Plus cut all those awkward shaped bits of fabric into various sizes squares and strips.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch
I counted 24 I made this past year and for this year I have already made 10 and working on 10 more to be done by the end of Jan so I have no idea how many I will make this year.

One thing for sure, when I get the last of the 40 done for my son's unit, I'm taking a long break.
You all sure sew fast! I work 5 days a week and I can't do that much.More power to you,and your flying fingers.I guess I just have a case of slow fingers.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by lberna
I am in awe of those who have several projects going at the same time. I cannot do that. I have to completely one project before I start another.
I also finish one quilt before I start another except for 1 quilt.That one is made of embriordered blocks and and my daughter wants it for her king size bed. So I sit in front of the tv and work on a block.It usually takes me about 3 or 4 nights to do 1 block cause she wants beads and crystals on it also.There also has to curtains,valances,pillow shams,and a bed skirt and she added a dresser runner to her list.She may get it next Christmas.But it's gonna be beautiful.She bought all the fabric,batting,backing,thread,crystals,beads,proba bly more than it will take.She said she didn't want me to run out and not be able to find more.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:22 AM

I have 4 king size quilt tops and 1 wall hanging which I am now quilting and I do not know how many other quilted products I have finished. I lap hand quilt so it takes me a while to finish quilting the kings.