Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011  NEW >

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Old 02-15-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by snow
snow
I hope that means you are going to join us and not that you are snowed in somewhere!
Not much snow here in Florida!
A little chilly on the golf course this morning but supposed to be in the 70's this afternoon.

:-D
Old 02-15-2011, 10:26 AM

Hi, hope I'm not too late to join in cause it sounds like fun ! Good way to use my charm packs. Thanks for starting this Susiequilt.
Pat
Old 02-15-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
Originally Posted by grann of 6
Well, all 42 are sewed, now squaring them up and sewing the rows together. One row is together. As I am squaring up I am finding some of the centers not meeting good enough; so I am taking out the center stitching and rematching it. The squaring up and resewing takes all the time we saved on the sewing the squares together. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
These are so quick it's almost easier to toss instead of taking them apart and resewing!

Did you try that last tutorial about butting up the blocks while you continue to sew that row? Kind of neat and seems to be working for matching points in the center.
Yes, and it worked well, but unfortunately I didn't find that until I was over half done. The ones I am redoing are not really that bad, but I am just toooooo picky.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:13 AM

Same here....the more I look, the less some centers meet. When I resew, still don't meet.:roll: Think I'll call my quilt The Pain in the Pinwheels. :oops:

Well, all 42 are sewed, now squaring them up and sewing the rows together. One row is together. As I am squaring up I am finding some of the centers not meeting good enough; so I am taking out the center stitching and rematching it. The squaring up and resewing takes all the time we saved on the sewing the squares together. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
:oops:
Old 02-15-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by plainpat
Same here....the more I look, the less some centers meet. When I resew, still don't meet.:roll: Think I'll call my quilt The Pain in the Pinwheels. :oops:

:oops:
Just remember, people aren't going to be having their noses up a foot from the finished quilt. The overall look will be what they see, not one or two (or 42) unmatched centers.
:roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Old 02-15-2011, 11:56 AM

You know, something just occurred to me. I just looked at my avatar and remembered sewing those twisters together. Why is it I have done two of these seam matching things one after another? And you know what, they are both the first bias edged quilts I have ever done! Am I nuts?!?!?! Don't answer that :!: :? :!: :roll:
Old 02-15-2011, 12:10 PM

I won't :mrgreen:

You know, something just occurred to me. I just looked at my avatar and remembered sewing those twisters together. Why is it I have done two of these seam matching things one after another? And you know what, they are both the first bias edged quilts I have ever done! Am I nuts?!?!?! Don't answer that :!: :? :!: :roll:
:mrgreen:
Old 02-15-2011, 12:51 PM

Time to share.

Y'all are motivating me to no end! Just knowing I need to get that pinwheel done today because I want to stay up with the group really keeps me going!

Here are my rather imperfect pinwheels I have been putting together day to day since the 10th.
They are just kind of randomly placed on the wall for now...I have no idea what their final purpose will be.

Lori

BTW, these are paper pieced :-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]161670[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-161665.jpe  
Old 02-15-2011, 12:56 PM

[quote=makakehau]Time to share.

Y'all are motivating me to no end! Just knowing I need to get that pinwheel done today because I want to stay up with the group really keeps me going!

Here are my rather imperfect pinwheels I have been putting together day to day since the 10th.
They are just kind of randomly placed on the wall for now...I have no idea what their final purpose will be.

Lori

They look great :P
Old 02-15-2011, 12:58 PM

They sure look good!

Originally Posted by makakehau
Time to share.

Lori