Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 02-12-2023, 02:54 PM

My quarter size Chilhowie is done. The pic shows the fabrics darker than they actually are. I couldn’t wait until tomorrow for better light. Lol. I tried a small section of border but it seemed to overwhelm the top since it’s so small. I may just quilt it and bind it as is. I’ll audition a couple of borders and see how it looks but as far as I’m concerned, it’s all done but the quilting. It’s onto another project.
Attached Thumbnails b23bbf37-67aa-4875-b463-22763b3913b6.jpeg  
Old 02-12-2023, 04:41 PM

This is gorgeous, Janice! I do so love the colors you used. Congratulations on a wonderful quilt.

Leslie
Old 02-12-2023, 06:34 PM

Well done, Janice. Looks beautiful..
Old 02-12-2023, 07:34 PM

Janice - I also love the colors - maybe if you have any of that aqua fabric left, you could just do a small border to tie it all together.
Old 02-13-2023, 06:16 AM

Very nicely done. The pattern itself is so busy. Maybe a solid border in purple or aqua would work?
Old 02-13-2023, 09:45 AM

Janice, your quilt looks wonderful. I particularly love the aqua shades you used.

I've been letting something I really enjoy take me away from finishing my top (which I also enjoy, but usually balk at a bit more than piecing units). Last year I got all of my remaining bundles organized, went through all of my magazines and patterns and made a plan for each bundle. Now I'm making going through stash to augment the bundles and making a list of fabric that needs to be purchased to complete each project. (It could be that I enjoy planning more than actually doing, LOL.)
Old 02-13-2023, 10:08 AM

Janice: Your quilt top is fabulous! As others have suggested a small border might work well, but I think it also works without another border.

Joe’sMom: it sounds like you have been doing some major reorganizing. Glad that the process is feeding your creative soul.

I’m still plugging away at Clue #6. The blocks should be finished tomorrow if life doesn’t get in the way. Then it will be on to Clue #7.
Old 02-13-2023, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Janice, your quilt looks wonderful. I particularly love the aqua shades you used.

I've been letting something I really enjoy take me away from finishing my top (which I also enjoy, but usually balk at a bit more than piecing units). Last year I got all of my remaining bundles organized, went through all of my magazines and patterns and made a plan for each bundle. Now I'm making going through stash to augment the bundles and making a list of fabric that needs to be purchased to complete each project. (It could be that I enjoy planning more than actually doing, LOL.)
I love organizing and planning…sometimes I will take an entire week just doing that….then the gates open and I’m off and running. Lol…plus, it feels good to just get a good look at our lovely stash again.. I’ve been looking at my bags of crumbs (by color)….need to create a project to use those up..
Old 02-13-2023, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post

I feel like that sometimes, too, Joe'smom. The beginning of a project or just sorting and tidying up seem to get my juices going. I'm afraid I'm a poor finisher.

Leslie
Old 02-14-2023, 09:28 AM

Default Happy Valentine’s Day!

My clue #6 is done! On to Clue #7.
Attached Thumbnails img_1780.jpeg