Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-19-2010, 01:28 AM

Way to go Mary You guys are doing so well for Dec. I have lost 2.5lbs and if I keep that off all month I'll think its a miracle. Keep it up. Wow.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:40 AM
Banned

Well, this is the first holiday thing I have done at all this year. And then this is my great niece helping me try to get in the spirit. I think she is having fun but if it weren't for her I wouldn't even bother with any of the Christmas activities. It is so hard to believe that on Christmas Eve it will be one year since my dad past away and I just don't feel right celebrating.

My Christmas spicy spiral topper - still needs to be finished
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145045[/ATTACH]

Making a graham cracker house
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145046[/ATTACH]

Now my sweet great niece is decorating my tree for me
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145047[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-145040.jpe   attachment-145041.jpe   attachment-145042.jpe  
Old 12-19-2010, 01:42 AM

Bonnie,
I live in isolation. I haven't been to any Christmas parties and won't be. My dh wants to watch his weight too. I have no temptations.

I'm also taking drugs that cause nausea and "digestive upset" so I don't want food. That makes it much easier to stay on my diet.

I don't eat out but once every two weeks, and then it is at a local diner where I eat the salad bar and grilled chicken.

I am proud of my weight loss, because I had these same conditions all last year and didn't lose. So, I am putting in effort.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:28 AM

Good for you Mary Jo.

When I first started trying to lose weight I was so frustrated because it wasn't happening the way I wanted it to. One month I lost 16 pounds, but I didn't think that was good enough. Plus, I couldn't see how once I got it off, I would keep it off.

But, with advice, and little changes in my eating habits and activity level, I was able to make the big changes I needed to make. I still need to make other life changes, but now they have become obtainable goals. I no longer carry with me that sinking feeling that "I'll never get there."

It is a struggle, but it has now been seven months and 60 pounds. I still haven't meet my expectations, I wanred to average 10 or more pounds a month, but I am learning to accept things for how they are. There is an old saying. "Let go, let God." and that is what I am trying to do.

Alcoholics use the "Serenity Prayer", I think those of us who are trying to lose weight should abide by it also. I think we are to hard on ourselves, we should be proud of the fact we are trying to change, as the struggles we face are hard and at time overwhelming.

It is fantastic the changes we have accomplished over the months, whether it is maintaining, losing, or even strugging to slow down the gaining. I think we all should give ourselcves and each other a big pat on the back. (I'd say a big round of applause, but Tru has my razor.)
Old 12-19-2010, 05:28 AM

CAndlequilter, beautiful little girl and a lovely tap topper.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Banned

So this morning I thought let me come here to this funny farm and what do I find...........Missy's floors, very nice. Carrie's little man, I was right it was a funny farm. Cheese recipes, graham cracker houses, stories of isolation and pep talks. Now I see why I always have in the rules we get off topic a lot.............I LOVE YOU GUYS.....I thought I would just tell you in case you didn't know.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
So this morning I thought let me come here to this funny farm and what do I find...........Missy's floors, very nice. Carrie's little man, I was right it was a funny farm. Cheese recipes, graham cracker houses, stories of isolation and pep talks. Now I see why I always have in the rules we get off topic a lot.............I LOVE YOU GUYS.....I thought I would just tell you in case you didn't know.
:HUG!:
Old 12-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

We love you too trupeach1.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I just had to post this. This child cracks me up.
I so love this picture!!

Missy
Old 12-19-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Missy do I dare ask what in the world is Texas Caviar?

It is black eyed peas, tomatoes, jalepenos, onions (all diced small) add some garlic and salt/pepper and served with tortilla chips...SOO YUMMY!

EDIT: I forgot to say it has a lot of protein and other good for you things in it!

Missy - you lost me at the black eyed peas, everything else I can handle but the black eyed peas, - yuck- "sticking finger down my throat"

Thanks for the info tho and enjoy your caviar.

Sherryl
lol...I so love the caviar!!

Missy