Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-16-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by remclave
Originally Posted by ljs317
Hair loss is a serious matter that should be discussed with your doctor.
With that being said why is it that you never lose that hair from your armpits or your legs? Shaving less often would be a blessing but oh no its always the beautiful hair on your head that goes first.
LOL! I am SO with you on this one!

Missy, did the doctor happen to say how much protein is necessary to keep from losing hair?
Yes. He said the minimum amount of protein a person should be consuming is 60 grams. If you consume more than 70 grams you are getting too much and it will just be peed out. So sticking to that 60 grams is a great thing to do. My nutritionist at the hospital also said the same thing about protein
Missy
Awesome! That totally fits within this formula for calculating one's personal protein intake:

Protein intake=Height (in cm)-100

So, I'm 63.5 inches (161.3 cm)

so 161.3-100 = 61.3 grams (yay!)
Old 12-16-2010, 10:39 AM

Every serving or ounce of protein is 7 grams of protein. So an egg is 7 grams or a 3 ounce piece of chicken is 21 grams but most serving sizes of protein are in the 4-6 oz range so that would be 28-42 grams. Make sense?

Missy
Wow! I had never heard this before. Makes it totally easy to keep track of my intake! :D
Old 12-16-2010, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by remclave
Every serving or ounce of protein is 7 grams of protein. So an egg is 7 grams or a 3 ounce piece of chicken is 21 grams but most serving sizes of protein are in the 4-6 oz range so that would be 28-42 grams. Make sense?

Missy
Wow! I had never heard this before. Makes it totally easy to keep track of my intake! :D
It really does. When I learned that it made making sure I was eating enough protein so much easier. It has been a huge help for my mom too. Since she had lap band surgery last year and I am about to have mine, it makes knowing what and how much we are eating so much easier.

Missy
Old 12-16-2010, 01:28 PM

Carol I'm sorry you are losing your hair. I hope you can resolve it with more protien that makes sense. Missy the point about peeing out to much protien is very important too. When we eat to much protien our kidneys have to process it and it is very hard on them. Also protien is an acid so we need a base to nutrilize it. The only base we have in our bodies is calcium. So our bodies use the calcium and this can cause low calcium levels. Contributing to austioporosis. It's very important to get the right amount of protien.

I've been so busy. I always procrastinate. so I'm behind and in a big crunch. I hope I get everything done for Christmas.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by bronald
Carol I'm sorry you are losing your hair. I hope you can resolve it with more protien that makes sense. Missy the point about peeing out to much protien is very important too. When we eat to much protien our kidneys have to process it and it is very hard on them. Also protien is an acid so we need a base to nutrilize it. The only base we have in our bodies is calcium. So our bodies use the calcium and this can cause low calcium levels. Contributing to austioporosis. It's very important to get the right amount of protien.

I've been so busy. I always procrastinate. so I'm behind and in a big crunch. I hope I get everything done for Christmas.
Yup. You are right about the calcium/protein connection. I am in a crunch too...so I hope we both get what we need done DONE. :)

Missy
Old 12-16-2010, 05:04 PM

OK, I looked on the diet I record food consumption and it shows I'm only getting about 50 gms a day, so I'll increase it a bit.

Thanks all!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
OK, I looked on the diet I record food consumption and it shows I'm only getting about 50 gms a day, so I'll increase it a bit.

Thanks all!
You are most welcome Carol!!

Missy
Old 12-16-2010, 06:08 PM

My dearest Tru...

There were probably many, many times this year when

I may have...
Disturbed You,
Troubled You,
Pestered You,
Irritated You,
Bugged You,
Or got on your Nerves!!
So today, I just wanted to tell you…

Suck it up, Cupcake!!
Cause there AIN'T NO CHANGES Planned for 2011!!

HEHEHEHE!!!!

I love ya girlie!!

Missy
Old 12-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Banned

Carol take b complex for hair loss.

Menopause causes hair loss all over the body less on legs and under arms. And dare I say you will think you just had a brizilian wax on your poonan. This I didn't know I was actaully informed of this vital information from a friend. Now we all know Missy know tons of usless information but it wasn't her that told me. LOL
Old 12-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Banned

I gained back 3 lbs last week but I re lost it theis week. If I could stay where I am and go up and down the 3 lbs until after the New Year I will do the happy dance.