Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-03-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by bronald
Tru I can totaly relate to the 200, 190 etc.etc. now I'm looking for 170. And it does seem to creep back on if you don't watch closely. I was down to 140 several yrs ago but it just kept creeping up to 220-225 and I swear I'll never be that again. I hope it stays quiet around your home so you can get up and get around a little.

I'm trying to get a quilt quilted but my machine just wants to break its thread. I've checked my tension, leveled it made sure it is not binding. I hate it when it does this.
Bonnie: Try changing your needle. It may be dull, have a slight bend in it, or have a rough spot in the eye that is binding your thread. The other thing to check is the spool. Is the thread getting caught either on the spool, sticking to the other threads or unwinding in a non-uniform manner?

Since I can't seem to quilt very well on my machine, I don't have lots of credibility, but these are things I check when my machine says "No, not today."
Old 12-03-2010, 11:17 AM

I'm still fighting the flu. Have no appetite, which is good, but doesn't motivate me to take my meds either.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by purplemem
I'm still fighting the flu. Have no appetite, which is good, but doesn't motivate me to take my meds either.
sorry you are not feeling well however..........no appetite is GOOD...............yiiiiipppppppppeeeeeeeeee could you spit on some fabric and send it my way :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: this way I will get the flu too!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:34 AM

honey, this stuff is so contagious I'll just wave at you and you'll get it. Our whole neighborhood is wiped out with it.

[wave]

Be prepared, it has vicious night sweats when you break the fevers, probably work as well as a sauna!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Originally Posted by bronald
Tru I can totaly relate to the 200, 190 etc.etc. now I'm looking for 170. And it does seem to creep back on if you don't watch closely. I was down to 140 several yrs ago but it just kept creeping up to 220-225 and I swear I'll never be that again. I hope it stays quiet around your home so you can get up and get around a little.

I'm trying to get a quilt quilted but my machine just wants to break its thread. I've checked my tension, leveled it made sure it is not binding. I hate it when it does this.
Bonnie: Try changing your needle. It may be dull, have a slight bend in it, or have a rough spot in the eye that is binding your thread. The other thing to check is the spool. Is the thread getting caught either on the spool, sticking to the other threads or unwinding in a non-uniform manner?

Since I can't seem to quilt very well on my machine, I don't have lots of credibility, but these are things I check when my machine says "No, not today."
I will try that I did change my needle half way through the last quilt so I thought it should make it . But you may be right. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by purplemem
honey, this stuff is so contagious I'll just wave at you and you'll get it. Our whole neighborhood is wiped out with it.

[wave]

Be prepared, it has vicious night sweats when you break the fevers, probably work as well as a sauna!
Please don't wave my direction!!!!! I can't get the flu shot but I made sure the DH and kids got theirs. Hopefully they won't bring it home to me.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Banned

Well even if I could go to the doc I WOULDN"T get the flu shot I have known too many people over the years who get the flu shot and then within days they get the flu. NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Power Poster

It has been a long day. DD got all of her wisdom teeth pulled this morning. The poor thing can't eat anything but soft foods so she is starving. I got my exercise today by putting up most of my Christmas decorations now my legs are tired. I feel like I walked 10 miles today. LOL!! I'm going to bed early, I'm hoping!! You all have a great weekend.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Well even if I could go to the doc I WOULDN"T get the flu shot I have known too many people over the years who get the flu shot and then within days they get the flu. NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!
We had to start getting them because we would get hit so hard with the flu. My kids And DH would be sick in bed for a week or more but since they have been getting the shots they might be sick a day or two and that's all. To me it is worth it!!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:57 PM

Well, what we thought was the flu was strep throat! I don't have the terribly sore throat, I have the stomach ache! And, of course, the constant spiking fevers. I've been through 3 pair of pjs tonight from breaking fevers and waking up drenched.

Started the antibiotics tonight. Should be better soon, I hope.

It's safe to wave at me now. :D