Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-02-2010, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by bronald
Originally Posted by lauriejo
OK since I can not get to the post office who would like to do it? The FQ would be sent to you and they would have to arrive by the middle of dec then you mail them. If a person misses the dead line they then will have to send the FQ themself.
I can forward the FQs to Bonnie.
Great............ thanks so much. I will post it on the Nov thread to contact you. Could I have your info so I can send it to you. How much should they send you to cover psotage, would you know cause I don't.

I have sent FQ to the US for the last 2 months and it cost me about $1.50 for each one. I don't know if it's about the same the other way.
thanks for the info I am going to check the US postal web site and see if that tells me anything.
A medium flat rate to Canada is $26.95, and is the same size as a medium flat rate for the US. If my calculations are close it is much cheaper this way than one at a time. If that holds 20 yards or 80 FQs (which someone on another thread said would fit) that's only 33 cents. I am thinking since it is flannel it won't hold quite as much. What if each person added an extra stamp inside their envelope? Does that sound fair?
It would to me.

Missy
Old 12-02-2010, 10:33 PM

Hi all, I know it's late but this is the first chance I've had to check in.
Lauriejo It's really nice of you to do this for us. Just let us know what amount is needed, thanks again for your help
I did pretty well all day so hope to keep it up. Went for walk in the park with our dog for about 45 min and kept away from sweets and watched my portions.
Glad the work is done at your home Missy. I hate the mess that remodeling creates but love the results.
Wish you all great success tomorrow.
Gail
Old 12-03-2010, 05:45 AM

Just thought I would check in and bid you all a Good Morning.
Its great to see everyones progress. Congrats to all for getting to the third of December,keep up the good work.
lisa
Old 12-03-2010, 06:45 AM

Good Morning! Wow 4:30 is to early to get up. My sister and I walk every morning at 5:30 and I thought that was early. Today we walked at 5:00 as she had to go to work early. I'm glad we don't do that every morning.

You go Carrie I know you can do 10 lbs I'm cheering for you. If you do your exercise 5 days a wk and watch what you eat I know you can. You go girl.

It's good to see everyone getting off to a good start.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:25 AM

So I send my FQ to LaurieJo with an extra stamp in the package and she will send it on to Bonnie. Is that right? Will do. I will PM Laurie for her addy if this is correct? I am kinda thick at times!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by nannyh7
So I send my FQ to LaurieJo with an extra stamp in the package and she will send it on to Bonnie. Is that right? Will do. I will PM Laurie for her addy if this is correct? I am kinda thick at times!!!!!!!
That would be correct.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:30 AM

Thanks a bunch!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Banned

Carrie 4 lbs and you will be under 230 yipppppeeeeeee!!!!!!!
When I was 209 I was wating to hit under 200 once that happened it was under 190 and it was a relief that yes I can do this. at 180 I keep thinking under 180 and then it is not to long before I hit 172. 172 is the wight that I then know I could do it and reach goal. Well that is what I thought in the past and did happened when I was younger but the weight was easier to come off. I was SUPER thin all my life. My wedding dress was a size 3 and had to be altered smaller I was so thin. I am 5'6" and weighed 98 lbs at the time. After the kids I was 135-140 but when doc put me on meds for the vertigo years ago I ballooned to 205. After 2 years and no improvement I stopped taking them and went down to 172 and stayed there for 3 years then I decided to diet and lost over 30 lbs in 4 months. I was at that weight until I moved to Ohio and krispy kream donuts. I then gained and weighed 152-160. Little by little I started to gain and with the vertigo being so bad and then depression from Joyce the wight piled on and last year at this time I weighed 209. I will noever be that again. I am hoping since it is cold people will not be working with power tools to cause me to have the vertigo as badly as it never goes away, and that I will be up and about more and will be able to exercise.
Why I wrote all this I haven't a clue..........just part of the rambling we all do so well.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:07 AM

Carrie 4 lbs and you will be under 230 yipppppeeeeeee!!!!!!!
When I was 209 I was wating to hit under 200 once that happened it was under 190 and it was a relief that yes I can do this. at 180 I keep thinking under 180 and then it is not to long before I hit 172. 172 is the wight that I then know I could do it and reach goal. Well that is what I thought in the past and did happened when I was younger but the weight was easier to come off. I was SUPER thin all my life. My wedding dress was a size 3 and had to be altered smaller I was so thin. I am 5'6" and weighed 98 lbs at the time. After the kids I was 135-140 but when doc put me on meds for the vertigo years ago I ballooned to 205. After 2 years and no improvement I stopped taking them and went down to 172 and stayed there for 3 years then I decided to diet and lost over 30 lbs in 4 months. I was at that weight until I moved to Ohio and krispy kream donuts. I then gained and weighed 152-160. Little by little I started to gain and with the vertigo being so bad and then depression from Joyce the wight piled on and last year at this time I weighed 209. I will noever be that again. I am hoping since it is cold people will not be working with power tools to cause me to have the vertigo as badly as it never goes away, and that I will be up and about more and will be able to exercise.
Why I wrote all this I haven't a clue..........just part of the rambling we all do so well.
Oh suuuuure it was the Krispy Kremes. That is what they all say. I prefer to blame medication and poor parenting. *snort*

Missy
Old 12-03-2010, 10:36 AM

Tru I can totaly relate to the 200, 190 etc.etc. now I'm looking for 170. And it does seem to creep back on if you don't watch closely. I was down to 140 several yrs ago but it just kept creeping up to 220-225 and I swear I'll never be that again. I hope it stays quiet around your home so you can get up and get around a little.

I'm trying to get a quilt quilted but my machine just wants to break its thread. I've checked my tension, leveled it made sure it is not binding. I hate it when it does this.