Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-04-2010, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Well, what we thought was the flu was strep throat! I don't have the terribly sore throat, I have the stomach ache! And, of course, the constant spiking fevers. I've been through 3 pair of pjs tonight from breaking fevers and waking up drenched.

Started the antibiotics tonight. Should be better soon, I hope.

It's safe to wave at me now. :D
I'm glan you strated on antibiotics, strep throat can be very serious if not taken care. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:18 AM

OK, this is the first time!!!! Too late for December. Have never done this before, but I have one or two pounds to lose - in my dreams! I would like to join up for January. Do I just watch for the January notification? Thanks! How many calories does a stick of licorice have? Edie
Old 12-04-2010, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
OK, this is the first time!!!! Too late for December. Have never done this before, but I have one or two pounds to lose - in my dreams! I would like to join up for January. Do I just watch for the January notification? Thanks! How many calories does a stick of licorice have? Edie
Edie, look on the package and it will tell you :D
You can still come talk with us but you don't get to compete for the prize.
Yes ... just watch for the January sign up or contact Trupeach on Jan 1.
Good luck on your quest for a healthier you :D
Old 12-04-2010, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Good morning my friends! It's going to be another busy day. I have to go grocery shopping. I hate shopping on the weekends, there's too many ppl for me and it makes me anxiety act up then I become a total B. I prefer to become a B instead of going into a full blown panic attack like I did while pregnant with Elijah. I would have to ditch my cart of groceries and head straight home before I completely lost it mentally. Woohoo, fun times!! NOT!!! I feel the PMS kicking in so this could turn out to be fun. ;-). See I'm feeling onry already, hahahah. I'm off to the shower. Y'all have a wonderful day, :) :) :)!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Well, what we thought was the flu was strep throat! I don't have the terribly sore throat, I have the stomach ache! And, of course, the constant spiking fevers. I've been through 3 pair of pjs tonight from breaking fevers and waking up drenched.

Started the antibiotics tonight. Should be better soon, I hope.

It's safe to wave at me now. :D
Oh Mary Jane! I am so sorry you are so sick! Hopefully in a day or two with you taking those antibiotics, you will feel better! Strep is no fun at all!

Missy
Old 12-04-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Good morning my friends! It's going to be another busy day. I have to go grocery shopping. I hate shopping on the weekends, there's too many ppl for me and it makes me anxiety act up then I become a total B. I prefer to become a B instead of going into a full blown panic attack like I did while pregnant with Elijah. I would have to ditch my cart of groceries and head straight home before I completely lost it mentally. Woohoo, fun times!! NOT!!! I feel the PMS kicking in so this could turn out to be fun. ;-). See I'm feeling onry already, hahahah. I'm off to the shower. Y'all have a wonderful day, :) :) :)!!!
Oh Carrie! I bet you are going to Wally World! Am I right? Cause that is one place that will drive the sanest of all people nutso! LOL!

Missy
Old 12-04-2010, 08:31 AM

When I was able to go shopping, I used to take a nap in the afternoon and then go to the store around 1:00 a.m. on a Monday night. No body was there. I had the store to myself for the most part. I could get 3-4 hundred dollars worth of groceries in an hour, bring them home, have them put away, laundry done and folded, coffee and breakfast ready and be watching the news before my family even missed me. I loved it.

Once a month...this wasa the only way to fly!
Old 12-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Banned

Carrie I am sure Missy could fix you up with something from her purse-0-pills.........lol

I had panic attacks when I was preggers with Joyce. What scared the crap out of me was I would feel like I would pass out and die and hope that no one would steal Jim while I did. Jim was 2 at the time so I would have to yank him out of the cart to leave the cart and pray I would make it out the door.

I thought you went to Wallyworld everyday so what makes grocery shopping different? Just DON'T BUY crap you already de craped your house once and have been doing wonderful so don't crap it up and gain back what you lost.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:49 AM

Good Morning everyone. Happy Sabbath I'm off to church. Looking forward to a quiet relaxing day. No stress on Saturdays. Just rest and relaxation. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I'm back and I didn't kill anyone. I went to save a lot then wm. There is a parade today so the stores were pretty empty. Tru I do go to wm daily bit for the little things like veggies and milk you know those items that don't have good shelf life. Yes there is times when I need something to settle me down.