Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM >

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Weight loss challenge with a prize..........Dec sign up will close Dec 2 8AM

Old 12-17-2010, 04:26 PM

Here is a picture of my step dad laying our oak hardwood floors. Ignore the date/time stamp cause I cannot figure out that part of the dang camera! LOL!!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-144557.jpe   attachment-144558.jpe  
Old 12-17-2010, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Here is a picture of my step dad laying our oak hardwood floors. Ignore the date/time stamp cause I cannot figure out that part of the dang camera! LOL!!

Missy
That is awesome! I want wood floors with heating underneath! Can't even come close to affording the $5K for the whole house. Concrete covered with carpeting is still COLD!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:40 PM

I wanted oak floors, I was quoted $25,000 for the living room, hall and kitchen. I'd take $5,000 any day. Well any day I had an extra $5.000!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:42 PM

Very pretty blanket. That would be really pretty just as a throw in the living room.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:45 PM

Remclave-That is the most beautiful crocheted afghan I have ever seen! Wonderful work!

Missy, your oak floors are great. Will they have heat underneath them?

I have the oak laminate floors and I think they are amazing. They look as pretty as hardwood to me, and I can mop them! I do! A lot! My doggies are semi-housebroken, my older dog piddles. I mop 3 times a day sometimes.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I wanted oak floors, I was quoted $25,000 for the living room, hall and kitchen. I'd take $5,000 any day. Well any day I had an extra $5.000!
Oh how I understand! It is costing us more than 25K to do the floor plus another 10K for the cabinets in our kitchen plus another 7K for the bathroom. Oh and the granite! Sheesh that is 8K right there and that is BEFORE they cut it.

I will add that we are saving thousands of dollars by doing it ourselves instead of hiring the work out.

Oh and the buttcrack brigade is back. They delivered the siding that is going up on our house this coming week and I saw three separate guys showing off their disgusting hairy buttcracks. *deep heavy sigh* Men! Sheesh.

Next week our windows are going to be delivered too. We are NOT installing the siding or the windows. Nope. Now way Jose. Leave that up to the pros.

I hope that everyone else is not being doused with dust and debris like I am. I will be sooo glad with this is done!

Missy
Old 12-17-2010, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Remclave-That is the most beautiful crocheted afghan I have ever seen! Wonderful work!

I have the oak laminate floors and I think they are amazing. They look as pretty as hardwood to me, and I can mop them! I do! A lot! My doggies are semi-housebroken, my older dog piddles. I mop 3 times a day sometimes.
Yes we ran the heating under the sub flooring. It is awesome. We did the same thing in our front bathroom that we are tiling right now. Except we are not going to put the oak down in there. We are laying a special type of cork flooring. That stuff is so cool. Not only is it warm but it is so comfy to walk on. And it was very inexpensive. The flooring for the bathroom was only like 175 dollars I think. Not much at all (compared to the fortune we are spending on the rest of the house!).

Missy
Old 12-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Banned

Remclave - beautiful afghan! I love the colors - great match on the fabric.

Tru - good job on losing those 3 lbs again. Keep it up and they will eventually go away.

Missy - the hardwood floor are looking good.

Missy - I thought of you today as I started my Christmas shopping when I saw the 365 days of Crack calendar. They actually have a calendar for people like you who can't get enough butt crack and have to have it in daily doses. I am afraid I would throw the calendar out before the end of the first week. Anyway glad to report that I started and finished my shopping today!!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem

We had oak laminate before we started laying the oak down. That was really nice but for some reason my parents wanted the real stuff. So, now we are replacing it with the oak hardwood.

Missy
Old 12-17-2010, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Remclave - beautiful afghan! I love the colors - great match on the fabric.

Tru - good job on losing those 3 lbs again. Keep it up and they will eventually go away.

Missy - the hardwood floor are looking good.

Missy - I thought of you today as I started my Christmas shopping when I saw the 365 days of Crack calendar. They actually have a calendar for people like you who can't get enough butt crack and have to have it in daily doses. I am afraid I would throw the calendar out before the end of the first week. Anyway glad to report that I started and finished my shopping today!!!!
Yay for starting and finishing your shopping! That calender does seem to be up my alley. LMAO!!!! OMG you guys are killing me.

Missy