"Weigh In"

Old 02-19-2010, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
Hi everyone,
I am still here, just ashamed to admit I haven't been on the treadmill ALL week. ugh. I'm getting big enough now that I can't get comfortable at night to sleep--and the baby kicks from about 1 am to 3am EVERY night. 5am for the treadmill comes way too early. I'm supposed to lay on my left side, but my hip hurts after awhile, when I roll onto my right hip, for some reason I can't breathe and start coughing so much I almost gag. Probably something to do with my asthma (that I can't take medicine for right now.) 12 more weeks. (not that I'm counting or anything...LOL)

Have you tried putting a pillow between your legs at night? It might help your hip. Yes, mine would start to kick too whenever I relaxed. I think they know somehow. :) Have you tried elevating your shoulders some with pillows, that might help your breathing. Hope you can get some rest during the day.

have a great weekend!
Rose Hall
:-D :D :D :D
Old 02-19-2010, 11:00 PM

Not sure how my reply got into your quote, but you know what I mean.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:02 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I think that would be a good idea... but we need to have a place to list weight loss... hmmm... kind of like how they do the partners and stuff for the swaps... each week we list what our loss was for that week... This way we can keep tabs... like how they do on that show biggest loser...

EX:

Name: Alu_Rathbone
Starting Weight: 250 lbs
Previous Weight: 240 lbs
Week 3: 235 lbs

This is just an example of what we could have listed. I know the weight won't come off that quickly!! It's just an example.

Plus we have this thread for encouragement!!
Ok, gotta tell ya, not putting my weight on there. LOL. Amount lost is okay, but not the WHOLE thing. Wah!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I think that would be a good idea... but we need to have a place to list weight loss... hmmm... kind of like how they do the partners and stuff for the swaps... each week we list what our loss was for that week... This way we can keep tabs... like how they do on that show biggest loser...

EX:

Name: Alu_Rathbone
Starting Weight: 250 lbs
Previous Weight: 240 lbs
Week 3: 235 lbs

This is just an example of what we could have listed. I know the weight won't come off that quickly!! It's just an example.

Plus we have this thread for encouragement!!
Ok, gotta tell ya, not putting my weight on there. LOL. Amount lost is okay, but not the WHOLE thing. Wah!!!
You don't have to! lol Its jsut the example i was using...

We could do it as...

Goal Weight Loss: 20 lbs
Previous Loss towards Goal: 2 lbs
Total Loss to Date: 4 lbs

Something like that... no one has to put her actual weight... We can set a six month goal of weight loss... lets see for the six months you want to lose up to 30 lbs... then we track it each week. If you reach that weight... then you can stay at that... and maintain it till the end of six months (or longer since that is the actual goal) or set a another 5 to 20 lbs... depending on how long it is till the end of the six month period.

I know I have about 100 pounds to lose... but I'm not going to set that as a six month goal... thats insane and I'm not a biggest loser contestant! But I could set mine at 50 lbs... I do tend to lose weight rather easily when eating right... and exercising...

What you can do at home is write the weight on the calender day you weigh your self... don't put lbs... this way others will not know what the number is for... only you will...

(sorry I tend to think too much) ;)
Old 02-20-2010, 05:40 AM

good going all
Old 02-20-2010, 06:18 AM

I weighed in this morn. 2.4 loss this week. Funny thing was, I didn't think I lost at all. Pants are no looser. I am doing the Leslie Sansone video 5 mornings a week. I think the excercise is making the difference.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:27 AM

Congrats Mrs. Mel!! That's a fabulous loss for a week!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:42 AM

Thanks Karla. :)
Old 02-20-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mel
I weighed in this morn. 2.4 loss this week. Funny thing was, I didn't think I lost at all. Pants are no looser. I am doing the Leslie Sansone video 5 mornings a week. I think the excercise is making the difference.
Every ten to twenty pounds facilitates a pant size loss... at least thats what web sites say.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:07 AM

I just now found this thread....wonderful idea...didn't know about it. I'm old, (68) short & fat, & am enoying living so want to live some more and enjoy it more.

I had made up my mind over Christmas vacation when at my daughter's in Indiana, that I was going to do something about this fat around my middle and feeling better. So, I started a different eating plan in January and am keeping a journal of everything I put in the "food hole"..and I mean everything..even tea.

My sister and I have been going to a gym for FREE (under the Medicate Advantage program)...called Silver Sneakers about 3-4 yrs. now..off & on..using the eliptical, treadmills, etc., and never signed up for a trainer due to lack of funds. I was diagnosed with RA (rheumatoid arthritis)last year and on medication/steroids which stimulated eating...drats! The gym designed a new program for Seniors with a trainer and it's only $35 a month, so we signed up and have been going regularly..2-3 times a week for a couple months now. He is sooooooo good, and takes into consideration when my joints hurt, etc., and when I have to be careful. The group is small..only 5 of us.

So far...I have lost 7 lbs., and don't know how many inches, but my fat middle is getting smaller, and am definitely getting stronger and feel better. That is my goal, keeping the muscles strong to take the strain off the joints, and to get rid of this fat around my middle & my butt.

I have some Leslie tapes of walking too and use them & some old Richard Simmons ones and try to do something with them when need more than the gym.

ALWAYS....ALWAYS.....feel better after I exercise. It's wonderful.

Sorry..I've yakked so long, and just want to thank you for whoever started this idea.

Judy