Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-11-2012, 07:42 PM

Wonderful packages everyone!! I love looking at all the fun stuff and the fabric of course! I'm waiting to receive one more thing for my SP then I will send it off. I hope that I get it soon so I can send it ASAP. Clues....lets see....my SPs zip adds up to 25 and her state's flower is Peony.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:18 PM

Great pkgs everyone! Mine will be in the mail on Monday! Love the sunbonnet sue wall hanging too cute! My DGdaughter wants to learn to make one. Well let me tell you we will both be learning as I have never done applique. Wish us luck. Bought her a book when JoAnn's had that extra 25% off last sun. Also made my 1st rag quilt today. It turned out really cute. Everyone have a great night!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:24 PM

My SP sent me a thank you, letting me know she got her package. Yay!!

Still waiting on mine, hopefully Monday

I love the pretty fabrics I'm seeing and especially the one from Scotland. I would LOVE to visit that country one day. I had a great grandmother from over there.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by mooretll View Post
It has a thread cutter,magnifying glass,seam ripper,piercing punch,punch needle,stuffing tool,knit picker,tweezers,safty pin,measuring tape,needle threader and long needle thraeder. it is loaded.
Wow!!!! Sounds like a Swiss Army Knife for quilters. Nifty!!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:03 PM

Brenda21 - Am I sending you an SP package this month? Maybe, or, maybe not... You have a 50-50 chance of guessing right. Does this clue help? My SP likes fabric and has a furbaby. Love the Japanese fabric and other goodies you received. So unless you have 2 SP's this month, I am eliminated as your sender, I guess.

Regarding the stilettos - I did get them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. 6 lacers in a package for $.99. And yes, you do need to use pointy nose pliers to bend the end over. It is at a 90 degree angle and magically, when you use the pliers it just turns out curved. Really easy. Anastasia - I agree - the metal glue creates a film, and lol, my thumb and forefinger got stuck together. I freaked out a bit when that happened. You must work fast and only use a little drop, not a glob. Not thrilled with the film to clean off, but I figure it's pretty sturdy. I found some spacer beads at a local consignment/crafter's mall and grabbed them for $1. There are probably 100 of them. Love deals like that.

Juli - love the deal YOU found for $10. Too cute. I must tell you that I was totally wishing my DGKs lived closer so they could have shown me how to open that locking box you sent. I have my stiletto beads in it (finally). It truly IS secure especially with ME as its owner. haha.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
My Sp had her package delivered yesterday at 11:17 AM she lives in Glendale Oregon.... So hope she got it and will let us know...

Want to tell Teresa that I just loved the needle holder, it was in the picture I posted, it had a Pansy on the front, has 4 differed pages in it and I have different needles on each page... Also I didn't mention the darling Ladybug little bag she made and tissue holder to match made out of matching Ladybug material... the bag will be great when I go to class a week from today, for all the little things I will need.. Thanks again Teresa for a great package..
You're so welcome Rosemary, was my pleasure and I rec'd your card yesterday as well.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:43 AM
Swap Hosts

What wonderful packages everyone is receiving ... BUT ... I got the best one of all from Stitchingpost. Wow wow wow!
Pix to follow ...
Old 08-12-2012, 07:23 AM

I'm so glad you liked everything. I did make the pin cushion and the coasters. I too am a Pat Cornwell fan, I'm so glad you haven't read the book, I have a copy too I have yet to read. My book collections is almost as big as my craft collection of various items, fabric being the main item. I hope you enjoy everything. I had a great time picking things out for you.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:03 AM

I do have two pals this month Miss Sharon..
Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 AM

I cant post pics but will let you all know the content of my big big box of allllll/ my goodies got home last night and got a gds birthday s party today,,but miss haveplantey knows how to put a smile on my face,and i am eatting MY orange slices,for brankfest,,lol