Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 11-10-2014, 07:53 AM

laquita not sure what the deal is I have sent it to you three times now! will resend please let me know if it doesn't come in private email. thanks!

I had to open the mailing date up due to the fact that people were sending whether it was asked not to send earlier or not. I just gave up trying. I guess mailing is better than losing the package and not sending at all. please all I ask (this time) is you hold off and open it the same time as everyone else so we can all talk about them at the same time. You will need a return address on your package. but it could be your friends if you get their ok to do that and if it gets lost and comes back to you well you can find the package again I hope everyone has fun packaging these things up and YOU ARE NOT LATE SENDING lol your early still in fact. So don't worry about getting things out in the mail right away. its a long time til opening. Most priority packages mailed in the US to the US take 5 to 6 days maximum. some take a few days longer (like in WY) do to the fact they are oblivious at the post office or just too plain busy for the quantity of mail that comes through. so mail if you want wait if you want just make sure its in the mail by Dec 1st period. tada!
Old 11-10-2014, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by cuppy View Post
28 number in zip code! Mailing on Tuesday! Great Christmas Novel included, and more.
Ooooooo...my zip code equals 28...maybe it's me?
Old 11-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Power Poster

I mailed mine today, It say MUG RUG SWAP on it. couldn't make it any clearer to the
person who is receiving it. Why does it take forever to get the the middle of the country, but if it's going to the west coast, it gets there earlier??? Anyone know the answer to this one?
Old 11-10-2014, 12:21 PM

A beautiful US Mail Priority Box arrived at my house today - I noticed the return address said Mug Rug Swap and just set it aside. The Mr. was eager for me to open the package and I wish I had a camera ready to take a photo of the look on his face when I set it aside and said I can't open until December 15th. So if you are the kind soul that sent me a mug rug please rest easy knowing that it has arrived at it's destination.

Girlfriends and I traveled to the Fireside Theatre in Fort Atkinson Wisconsin this past weekend to take in their annual Christmas Musical - what a beautiful treat!!! They sang a few Christmas songs that I wasn't familiar with but loved just as much. In response to the earlier post about what my favorite Christmas song I would have to choose a trio of The Little Drummer Boy, NOEL and Silent Night - but the truth be told I love them all - Oh Little Town of Bethlehem and Joy to the World; there is just something so magical about winter and the Christmas season.

While the girls and I were shopping our way east this weekend I came across a saying that has stuck with me.

Not every day is a good day but there is something good in every day.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:26 PM

dabbler312 I too like that saying very much! My zip doesn't equal 28 so pooh it isn't me either!
Old 11-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Power Poster

my zip doesn't add up either. my zip is 18. anyone have an 18??
Old 11-10-2014, 03:33 PM

Sent my HMR out today. I received my HMR package Saturday . It came from England will post picture when we get to open Dec.15. Thank you
Old 11-10-2014, 04:25 PM

My package will be in the mail by Thursday the latest, have to go for a MRI and bone scan Thursday, so may do it all on the same day.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:01 PM

My SS's zip equals 23!!
Old 11-10-2014, 05:18 PM

Well, one mug rug down the drain. Applique just is not my thing, apparently. Guess I will stick with piecing and embroidery! I have done one I like and another one I may like when finished. Anyway, it amazes me when so many of you talk about how many quilts or items you have made during the week or month - seems like I struggle to do just one! Maybe one day when I REALLY retire ........