Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 11-10-2014, 05:33 PM

I am posting my Mug Rug Swap today. It is going across the sea from Downunder. I hope the recipient will be pleased with it.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:02 PM

Well...since my zip code numbers equal 26...I know who ISN'T my secret pal. I bought one little thing for my SP today. Just a little box of something sweet but something she said she likes. Still waiting on fabric to arrive so I can make her MR. I think all of us will be excited to read the postings on Dec. 15th!
Old 11-10-2014, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
Hey Kiffie.. Carol of the Bells is my favorite Christmas song,too. High 5! Well...folks...I have not even begun my MR for partner yet. Well...I did make one but not too thrilled with it but...on another quilting board on web...someone mentioned to another person that they had some fabric that just so happened to be what my SP likes. So I pm'd her and asked if I might buy just enough to make a MR with and she has mailed it. So I should have it by next week. That will still give me enough time to make it and find some other goodies to go in with it. I will mail out my package on Dec. 1 and will have my return address on it but not my name, which might give it away. Good idea to write MR swap on it too but I will also put "Do Not Open until Dec. 15th' on it, too. Brat, I am liking this swap very much...mainly because we have so much time to get it done. Thanks!

I don't know why, but I've loved that song for as long as I recall. For a child, Carol of the Bells doesn't seem like it would be a big fave song, but for me it always has been!
I was just as odd (unique??..lol) as a lil girl as I am as a grown up..

Love the sneak peek.

Since we've been given the go ahead, I'm mailing my pkg out on Weds when I head to town for another Dr appointment.

Kif
Old 11-10-2014, 07:50 PM

Mailed my mug rug package today, it's going in a northwest direction. Heading out tomorrow to go back to the frozen tundra of Wisconsin, when we arrive there on Wednesday the temps will be below freezing. We are going to miss the gorgeous weather we have been having here on the Gulf.

Jan
Old 11-11-2014, 06:20 AM

The fabric I ordered for the mug rug I'm planning on making arrived on Saturday. I'm going with a summer theme as I figure my recipient might like a summer reminder in mid-winter.

As soon as I finish putting together the SS package, which has to be mailed by Friday, I'll make the MR. This is a completely new design for me and I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out. If it doesn't I have a couple of other ideas. I don't plan on mailing until around Thanksgiving as I see no reason to mail early since we'll be opening them at the same time.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:08 AM

I think it's good we can mail whenever, as long as it gets to its destination by the cut off. Perfect to suit everyone.
Belfrybat,
Can't wait to see what you make.
K
Old 11-11-2014, 12:43 PM

My Mug Rug box is all taped and ready to fly southish and since we can mail anytime now I will be sending it either Saturday or Monday.

I LOVE CAROL OF THE BELLS!!! It puts me in the spirit every time I hear it!
Old 11-11-2014, 03:20 PM

If my SP has not mailed mine yet I ask that you hold off just a bit. I did a private message to our fearless leader in the beginning requesting this as we will be in Florida after the 22nd of November and that is the address I gave out with the parameters that were initially given. I am planning on mailing my SP her box tomorrow as we are so busy now getting ready to be snowbirds, and I don't want it to be lost in the shuffle. This should be my 1000 post too! I am now advanced from Senior to the next one, is it Super?
Old 11-11-2014, 03:21 PM

Thumbs up

Ok, dang, now this should be 1000. Yay!
Old 11-11-2014, 04:26 PM

I am patiently waiting to mail mine. I want to make some goodies and I don't want them to sit in box for 2 weeks, even though these can. I still haven't gotten to get something extra and I have lots of ideas. suppose to get cold by weeks ends. I'm not ready for it. Sorry, but me and cold don't mix. I hate it. when I mail mine it will definitely say Mug Rug Swap on it. Will let ya'll know when it's sent out.