Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-14-2011, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Missy they will be in that store all day. I love Hancocks of Paducah but can't go there I spend way toooooo much money.
I would spend too much also if I were in that store!

Missy
Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 AM

Hi everyone. We are having a nice thunderstorm this morning. Hope it washes the pollen out of the trees and cleans it from everything else. nasty stuff.

I stayed in bed most of the weekend. Much better today. Saw my orthopedic Friday - need an MRI, sometime this week I hope. Of course, my knee has been great. But then again, have been babying it.

Doing my taxes today. Hope to have my hand quilting done this week.

I am struggling with keeping my mail from piling up. Today I had 3 days worth. Now, all the bills are paid (praise God), filed away, and trash is shredded. What little thing do you try to stay on top of?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:57 AM

Hi. I weighed in this am at 183.0 which looks like I had a 2.2 pound gain. I am not worried as it is the monthly weigh-in that counts, so I try not to focus too much on the weekly. This week I completed 2 QOV and 1 baby quilt plus I am making a dozen heart blocks for NZ and collecting hearts for their "wall of hearts". I have been busy and now I am going to see how I can help the Tsunami survivors. I think I will limit it to a donation to the JRC. TTFN
Judy Fry, California
Old 03-14-2011, 08:55 AM

Leann, I am trying to control the paper piles here, too. It builds up so quickly on every flat surface if it has its way. My goal for today is to clear one kitchen counter and one box in the family room.

My other goal is to jumpstart a weight loss. Like Carrie, I'm coming off steroids so that complicates things. Carrie, you're doing fine if you aren't gaining this soon after oral pred. Hang in there. You will prevail. And, yes, sugar and simple carbs cause hunger. First, your blood sugar goes up, then it plummets lower than it was before the sugar, causing a sudden hunger. I am less hungry without my chocolate.

I AM losing weight and improving my health. I am, I am, I am.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Leann, I am trying to control the paper piles here, too. It builds up so quickly on every flat surface if it has its way. My goal for today is to clear one kitchen counter and one box in the family room.

My other goal is to jumpstart a weight loss. Like Carrie, I'm coming off steroids so that complicates things. Carrie, you're doing fine if you aren't gaining this soon after oral pred. Hang in there. You will prevail. And, yes, sugar and simple carbs cause hunger. First, your blood sugar goes up, then it plummets lower than it was before the sugar, causing a sudden hunger. I am less hungry without my chocolate.

I AM losing weight and improving my health. I am, I am, I am.
Yes you are doing it.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by judyfry
Hi. I weighed in this am at 183.0 which looks like I had a 2.2 pound gain. I am not worried as it is the monthly weigh-in that counts, so I try not to focus too much on the weekly. This week I completed 2 QOV and 1 baby quilt plus I am making a dozen heart blocks for NZ and collecting hearts for their "wall of hearts". I have been busy and now I am going to see how I can help the Tsunami survivors. I think I will limit it to a donation to the JRC. TTFN
Judy Fry, California
OK what does QOV, NZ, JRC and TTFN mean?

You live in one of my favorite cities, SLO town! I lived there and Baywood Park.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Judy Fry, California

You live in one of my favorite cities, SLO town! I lived there and Baywood Park.
Carol, just my guess
QOV- quilts of valor
NZ - New Zealand
JRC - Japan Red Cross
TTFN - ta ta for now

Did I get it right?

lynne
Old 03-14-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Judy Fry, California

Carol, just my guess
QOV- quilts of valor
NZ - New Zealand
JRC - Japan Red Cross
TTFN - ta ta for now

Did I get it right?

lynne
Looks good to me! I need sunglasses cuz you're so brillent!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:50 AM

Hello my beloved Peeps. I am very happy to say that my surgery has been rescheduled. My new surgery date is April 28. This makes me happy because now I do not feel like I have to starve myself. I have 6 weeks to lose the weight. I can do it. That is my mantra:

I can do it!
I can do it!

On a side note...I have met someone very special. Since most of you who have been doing this channel know about how yucky my last relationship ended will be happy to know that I think I have found someone who will treat me like a princess and love me for me.

Yay! Good news all around!

I have insomnia tonight. I wish I could be with my special person but that is not an option right now.

Tomorrow I am going to go to the hospital to weigh in and then after I see my psychiatrist I will go to Curves to see if I am able to use their machines. We will see how that goes.

I have spent the day knitting newborn baby hats. They are so darn cute! I wish I have a little baby to put one of the hats on. Sooo cute!!

I hope everyone here is doing well and I will try and do some catch up on all the posts.

Take care you guys!

Missy
Old 03-15-2011, 12:52 AM

Missy,
That is so cool that you met someone special. Take your time and it will prove itself.

The hats do sound so cute!

I went to sleep but woke up at 1:30, so here I am.

I started reading a book today; this is awesome because I have been so depressed that I haven't read a book since before Christmas.