Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why does this always happen? >

Why does this always happen?

Why does this always happen?

Old 04-04-2011, 12:51 PM

Hi - I am working on this same pattern from McCalls - I have everything all paper pieced and cut out - I just need to get started on sewing the darn thing. I am a little bit intimidated about sewing the curves.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by quilt crazee
I must be doing something wrong,I'm NOT finding a PP DWR just reg---its offering like 35,000 places to look at the mention of DWR?? can someone give me a better link? thanks, computer- stupid here! LOL!!!
If you use Google: Type in paper-pieced Double Wedding Ring quilt pattern. You should see a link for McCalls quilting. Click on that link and it will take you right to the pattern.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by quilt crazee
I must be doing something wrong,I'm NOT finding a PP DWR just reg---its offering like 35,000 places to look at the mention of DWR?? can someone give me a better link? thanks, computer- stupid here! LOL!!!
Just sent you a PM, but here is the link for others as well.
http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patte....html?idx=6913
Old 04-04-2011, 02:07 PM

Read my lips (well I guess you can't) but if you could it would
say "nothing your a quilter". Thanks for sharing the link.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Well, I had my weekend full of quilting and posting. Back to reality now. I have to set up a step ladder so I will have a place to stack all of the dirty dishes that have accumulated in the sink. :-( I used paper plates and plastic forks all weekend because I ran out of regular dishes and silverware by Friday evening. :-( Now I must pay the piper and get busy attending to the mountain that has piled up to just below the top cabinets. I need a dishwasher! One that is at least 6' tall, and muscular with a cheery disposition and (aa my late Nana used to say), has a nice view from the behind. :-) Since I didn't see one in the classifides this morning, I guess it is up to me.
LOL Funny! I have the same problem! I have the excuse of being 81 though!
Can you sell a quilt and buy a mechanical dishwasher? I have a little robot vacuum cleaner that runs around keeping the floors clean.. It has the artificial intelligence of a cricket...and is called a roomba, and it is easy to pick threads out of its roller / brushes.
Can you trade table toppers or baby quilts for help cleaning, from some of our younger children occupied quilters? Call it a quilter's retreat, they go home with a finished project, anf your house is more orderly.
They just might enjoy a half day out - away from the clamor?
I remember that I would have. There is some kind of magic about helping in somebody elses house.J
J
Old 04-04-2011, 03:26 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Originally Posted by erstan947
Well, I was setting here sewing a little and checking the board after every seam, and YOU posted about the pp Double wedding ring pattern......I gotta go and search this out.... we are a pair!:)LOL
Hope we don't have to take a long trip together; we'll NEVER get there. :XD:
ROFL
Old 04-04-2011, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by jpthequilter
Well, I had my weekend full of quilting and posting. Back to reality now. I have to set up a step ladder so I will have a place to stack all of the dirty dishes that have accumulated in the sink. :-( I used paper plates and plastic forks all weekend because I ran out of regular dishes and silverware by Friday evening. :-( Now I must pay the piper and get busy attending to the mountain that has piled up to just below the top cabinets. I need a dishwasher! One that is at least 6' tall, and muscular with a cheery disposition and (aa my late Nana used to say), has a nice view from the behind. :-) Since I didn't see one in the classifides this morning, I guess it is up to me.
LOL Funny! I have the same problem! I have the excuse of being 81 though!
Can you sell a quilt and buy a mechanical dishwasher? I have a little robot vacuum cleaner that runs around keeping the floors clean.. It has the artificial intelligence of a cricket...and is called a roomba, and it is easy to pick threads out of its roller / brushes.
Can you trade table toppers or baby quilts for help cleaning, from some of our younger children occupied quilters? Call it a quilter's retreat, they go home with a finished project, anf your house is more orderly.
They just might enjoy a half day out - away from the clamor?
I remember that I would have. There is some kind of magic about helping in somebody elses house.J
J
That's a great idea! For some reason is doesn't seem as bad cleaning someone elses house as my own. I did get my dishes finished, but it took most of the day since they needed to air dry between washings. I posted a link in the non-quilting section entitled "How to wash dishes in 5 easy steps......"
Old 04-04-2011, 03:39 PM

There is a much easyer way to make the Double Wedding Ring quilt on KayeWoodTV.com Once you get to the site, go to quilts & Wall hangings. Then scroll down to Rings that Binds. This way, finishes the front & back at the same time.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

Looks like we are all alike. Can't wait to go to that site cuz I also want to make a double wedding ring. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Halo
There is a much easyer way to make the Double Wedding Ring quilt on KayeWoodTV.com Once you get to the site, go to quilts & Wall hangings. Then scroll down to Rings that Binds. This way, finishes the front & back at the same time.
Thanks for that information. However, my pocketbook can't justify the $18.95 for the DVD or the $24.95 for the patterns and templates. Sure looks like something very nice to have, but my budget dictates it is not for me right now. Again, thanks for the information. I hope it is helpful to others. :D