Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's the Most Unusual Item You've Ever Made? >

What's the Most Unusual Item You've Ever Made?

What's the Most Unusual Item You've Ever Made?

Old 05-24-2011, 03:27 AM

i made a school mascot and name for a young man that died right he graduted from high school. it was his casket liner. the whole school turned out for his funeral he was well liked. that was the most unusual.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:52 AM

A school bus. Sister was bus driver and was doing safety programs for kids on riding the bus. Yellow canvas with black iron on windows and stripes. Then we made a PVC pipe frame to put it over. Bout 4 feet tall, 6 feet long and 18 inches across.
Was really neat, kids loved it.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by quilt-fanatic
DIL is an anestesiologist and asked me to make her some scrub hats to wear in surgery. Took one she had bought over the internet for $25.00 - only has 3 piece pattern. Takes all of about 2 hours to make. And now she has custom scrub hats for all seasons and holidays!
quilt fanatic.

how about a picture of those caps... would love to see them
Old 05-24-2011, 04:18 AM

When my son was in kindergarten, he wanted to be a "two by four" for HAlloween. So I taped 3 brown plain grocery bags together, (he was skinny tall kid) and made the marks for the 2 by 4. He's 34 this year and his teacher still says it was the most unusual costume she's ever seen.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:28 AM
Banned

Out of the box for me,,,doggie coat with a hook for her leash..
Attached Thumbnails attachment-201584.jpe  
Old 05-24-2011, 04:31 AM

My husband needed some kind of cover for the back of his leather chair. One that wouldn't slid off everytime he moved. The main part just hangs down the back for him but I figured out how to make it fitted at the top. He picked out the fabris, and I even sewed a label on the back for him.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:41 AM

After making blankets for our 4 horses and Shetland pony I created a dress-up costume for an Arab horse show, The teal velvet blanket touched the ground ,on both sides I added a cascade of 3-dimensional orchids, kind of a hat that had to cover the ears and a saddle cover . I also made a matching outfit for the girl rider. A pink chiffon harem pants. the vest had to match the blanket, a fez with a veil to cover the face. I wish I had the pictures I was promised.The lady for whom I made that outfit was insulted that $150,00 for my work. She figured it was good neighbouring.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:46 AM

I did brother/sister dinosaur costumes, which was fine except baby brother burst into tears wearing it because he was afraid he'd scare people and not get any treats
Old 05-24-2011, 04:55 AM

I once made microscope pillows. Strange i know but i worked where we had to use microscopes and one of the elderly gentlemen kept falling asleep so as a gag gift i made the pillows for him. Everybody else thought they were a riot but he didn't appreciate them at all.........go figure

Another unusual item i made this past winter was a thong weenie warmer for a friend of my sister that made a comment when he got out of a pool in the condo they were staying at said his manhood crawled inside he was so cold. Of course he thought it was sooooo funny but wouldn't model it.....we were so disappointed. I wish i would have taken a picture of my creation.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:55 AM

A full sized TeePee